What the Wenches are Reading this Week

Amanda: This week, I read Hot Head by Damon Suede again. Yes. It's *that* good. I started skimming through Envy by J.R. Ward in preparation to read the new release in the series, Rapture. I also read a new m/m release, The Flesh Cartel #1: Capture. It's serial fiction, and this is my first time trying this sort of thing! I'm excited about this concept. I will either love the anticipation, or it will kill me slowly. To top it off, I am also starting the Channeling Morpheus series by Jordan Castillo Price. This is a collection of novelettes in the m/m genre, and they come highly recommended!
 Anne: I'm reading Unholy Magic by Stacia Kane. I adore Terrible, but I'm still waiting for Chess to grow on me. I'm about 150 pages in and the story is starting to pick up.

Angela: This week, I finished reading Switched. Great, easy reading. Now on to Outlander by Diana Gabaldon and I am loving me some Jamie. I think the name might have something to do with it, but Jamie Fraser is hot, hot, hot. Great recommendation from Kathi and Merit. Also reading Tigers and Devils by Sean Kennedy. Wonderful m/m read and I am loving the build up of the relationship between Dec and Simon. You might ask why am I normally reading two books at once? One I am usually reading in my lunch time and the other at night.

Barb: I just finished Darkfever and moved on to Bloodfever today. I also picked up the audio book of Odd Apocalypse, the fourth in the Odd Thomas series by Dean Koontz. I haven't started it yet, but I'm looking forward to enjoying it during my commute, and maybe during workouts--we'll see.

Beta: I have been taking my time with Once Burned but I'm almost finished. Barrons is impatiently waiting for my attention so I better hurry up!

Donna: I finished Rapture (JR Ward) and started The Casual Vacancy (JK Rowling). Both were released this past week. 

Katherine: I am always re-reading the Fever Series by Karen Marie Moning, so that shouldn't count (but I just started Darkfever again ;-). I am re-reading Unholy Magic by Stacia Kane. Terrible is just plain awesome and in my opinion, one of the most secure alpha males in all urban fantasy. I also started re-reading two of my favorites, The Alienist by Caleb Carr and The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon. Both are incredibly awesome and are page turners for sure.

Kathi: I'm rereading some of the Highlander books by Karen Marie Moning. I started with the third book, Highlander's Touch, because that is where I think of the Fever world beginning (because the Seelie Hallows are introduced), and now I've moved on to the books about the magnificent MacKeltar men, who help keep the walls up in Fever. Eventually I'll get to the Fever books!

Naomi: Rereading Darkfever, trying to go slowly this time, the first time I devoured the books breathlessly. Also reading a book I didn't find in English called: Summer House with a Pool, by Dutch television and radio producer, actor and writer Herman Koch, about a family doctor who is accused of malpractice. It is full of drama and suspense, family affairs and moral dilemmas, so far really intriguing. (There is another book he wrote which has an English version-The Dinner.)

Olga: Of course still at Psy/ Changeling series by Nalini Singh. But you have to give me some credit. It's an eleven-novel-long series plus several shorts and novellas. I'm currently reading book #7 Blaze of Memory. But I also indulged myself a little off-this-series read with the damn hot m/m romance Hot Head by Damon Suede.

Veronica: STILL on Darkfever. I'm in a reading dry spell, it seems.

Zee: Finished Darkfever and Bloodfever and am COMPLETELY in love with Dublin and Barrons all over again. KMM is a bloody genius. As tempted as I am to dive headfirst into Faefever I have a prior engagement with Vlad. So will be on that tonight hopefully. Next on my list is the rest of the Fever series! And maybe I shall give the Highlander series another shot!

Comments

You Might Want to Read...

Black Dagger Brotherhood: Scenes That Left us Begging for More

A Tribute to The Fiery Cross

When The Music's Over

Dani Mega O'Malley: Superstar

Review: Annihilation (Book and Movie)