Gravedigger's Brawl: A Pre-review from a Spoiler Prude

Let's get this out of the way upfront.  I was lucky enough to obtain an Advanced Review Copy of Gravedigger's Brawl, so this preview review is based on an uncorrected proof I received from Riptide Publishing.  However, I have advance-purchased my own copy of Gravedigger's Brawl which will be arriving Saturday.

I'm only half-way through the book, but wanted to share my initial impressions.  My full review will be posting in a couple of weeks.

Gravedigger's Brawl has been an enjoyable read so far.  I like the characters.  I like the atmosphere/tone of the book.  At least a couple of mentions have already set me off to researching, and I love when books make me do that.  I've been so curious about the characters and about what happens next that I'm sneaking in pages here and there at work; I never do that (I don't usually have time).

Abigail Roux, as always, does an excellent job with character development from the outset. Gravedigger's Brawl also sets the stage fairly quickly for several events to play out through the book.  You can read the first two chapters here.

I have to say at roughly halfway through the book, it seems that once the events of the book were established, I have just been reading along, waiting for something to happen with any one of the plot lines for a while now.  I probably haven't been waiting that long, but the suspense is killing me.  I'm waiting, waiting, waiting forevermore.

Fun fact opinion: Grackles look a lot like ravens, only smaller.


Gravedigger's Brawl


Dr. Wyatt Case is never happier than when he’s walking the halls of his history museum. Playing wingman for his best friend at Gravedigger’s Tavern throws him way out of his comfort zone, but not as much as the eccentric man behind the bar, Ash Lucroix.
Ash is everything Wyatt doesn’t understand: exuberant, quirky, and elbow deep in a Gaslight lifestyle that weaves history into everyday life. He coordinates his suspenders with his tongue rings. Within hours, Wyatt and Ash are hooked.
But strange things are afoot at Gravedigger’s, and after a knock to the head, Ash starts seeing things that can’t be explained by old appliances or faulty wiring. Soon everyone at Gravedigger’s is wondering if they’re seeing ghosts, or just going crazy. The answer to that question could end more than just Wyatt and Ash’s fragile relationship—it might also end their lives.

Comments

  1. This sounds quite intriguing! Can't wait to hear the rest of your thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait for your review Veronica. Sounds like it will be good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your prudish preview! I felt that same suspense and waiting. I almost thought she was going to fake us out and nothing would REALLY happen.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

You Might Want to Read...

Black Dagger Brotherhood: Scenes That Left us Begging for More

A Tribute to The Fiery Cross

When The Music's Over

Dani Mega O'Malley: Superstar

Review: Annihilation (Book and Movie)