What the Wenches Are Reading

“You get a little moody sometimes but I think that's because you like to read. People that like to read are always a little fucked up.” ― Pat ConroyThe Prince of Tides

Click through to see what books have captured the Wenches this week, and be sure to share your list in the comments below!


Amanda: Real Life is so crazy right now. I think I'm technically still reading Heart of Obsidian by Nalini Singh. How sad is it that I'm not sure if I finished it? LOL!

Angela: This week I read Infinity Bell (House Immortal #2) by Devon Monk and it was just as great as House Immortal. Devon Monk is an author who has definitely captured my imagination and I'm looking forward to starting the Allie Beckstrom series at some stage. I've started The Girl Who Played With Fire by Stieg Larsson. It's just as good as book one, if not better. As I've discovered Zee and I are nearly the only ones left in our reading circles who don't seem to have read this series. No pressure Zee. No pressure.

Anne:  I'm reading a Supernatural fanfiction called The Doors of Time. One of my SPN groups started a book club. So, this is our current assignment. I'm also still listening to Iced. But, I'll be done with that this week most likely. And then, I'll finally be able to move on to Burned! I'm excited!

Barb: I finished Bloodfever and relished every single page. You know how we feel about the Fever series, so I won't gush. Now I'm deciding whether I'm going on to Faefever or picking up something deep and thought-provoking. Any suggestions?

Care: I am, apparently, a glutton for punishment. I found myself rereading Black Dagger Brotherhood this week. I have no idea WHY, as the characters are caricatures, the women are horrifying, and the only one who has anything resembling a backbone is the only one who's KILLED AND NOT REVIVED SOMEHOW, but apparently, I'm rereading. Or, at least, rereading HALF of the books. 'Cause I *still* can't deal with the stupid Lessening Society crap. WHY AM I READING THESE?!?! Even worse, how have I made it through Dark Lover, Lover Eternal, Lover Awakened, AND Lover Revealed?!? I think I'm going to plow through V's book, then try reading something else.

Kathi:  This week I read (and mostly listened to the audio book while traveling)  Wild: From Lost to Found on the Pacific Crest Trail. Then my sister and I watched the movie together, reminiscing about our backpacking adventure many years ago on the Appalachian Trail, when we were about the same age as the author, equally clueless about the dangers and challenges, but thankfully less ambitious! I really enjoyed this book’s insight into not only the trials and tribulations of city folks coming face to face with the vastness of nature, but also the author’s inner journey and growth, so much more than the movie, though I loved seeing all the gorgeous scenery on the big screen.


Merit: I decided to take a break from the Sensor series by Susan Illene, I finished Darkness Clashes (book #4) which was good and intense. I'm starting to get the big picture, and all the plot lines are coming together. Looking for a different type of story while browsing my kindle, I found Killing Sarai by J.A. Redmerski (In the Company of Killers #1) and WOW! The story, the characters, the suppressed sexual tension! I couldn't stop reading. I've started the second book, Reviving Izabel and that all consuming, half crazy story continues.

Zee: So this week I was in the mood for Golden Age mysteries. I miss reading new Hercule Poirot mysteries! So I picked up Sophie Hannah's The Monogram Murders! The Christie estate asked her to write a new Poirot book, and after meeting her at Emirates Lit Fest, and attending a panel, I just HAD to read it. I have to say, I thoroughly enjoyed the mystery! Sigh, how I've missed Poirot. After that I started Maplecroft by Cherie Priest, and you guys.... I AM LOVING IT! Literally from the first page! SO GOOD. I'm trying to savor it. I also met THE Brandon Sanderson this weekend and now am determined to basically reread the first two Mistborn books and finish what I can of the series!

Comments

Post a Comment

You Might Want to Read...

Black Dagger Brotherhood: Scenes That Left us Begging for More

A Tribute to The Fiery Cross

When The Music's Over

Dani Mega O'Malley: Superstar

Review: Annihilation (Book and Movie)