What the Wenches Are Reading

Source





 It seems to be a busy time for the Wenches, as several of us are struggling to fit reading into our schedules. When we are reading we're squeezing in lots of old favorites or continuations of favorite series, as well as a modern classic and one Wench's overflowing plate of educational reading. Click through to find out what we're reading, and share your list in the comments below!




 

 
Amanda:  The good news is that I finally finished Magic Breaks! I did really like it too. The Kate Daniels series is going strong, seven books in. Well, I had a decision to make. I still haven't finished A Song of Ice and Fire series because I put it on hold to read Magic Breaks. My head was screaming, finish it! You need to find out what happens and get it done already! My heart was saying something else. My heart was calling me back to Dublin; to read the Fever series again. I just couldn't resist the Fever re-read, so here I am on Chapter 3 of Darkfever. And it's SO good. 

Angela: An Echo in the Bone by Diana Gabaldon continues to be my reading choice this week. Enjoying it. Starting to see that I might, just might be up to date on this series, well at least the Outlander books, by the end of the year.

Barb: I finally finished rereading House of the Rising Sun. The reread took me about four times as long as the first read, partly because I wasn't ready to let go, and partly because I've been watching a lot more TV than I've been reading. Both seasons of Orange is The New Black, finished Scrubs, started American Horror Story season one, and Treme (which, BTW, is not helping my obsessive desire to be in New Orleans!). I've also been scrapbooking most days, something I didn't realize I was missing until I started doing it again. Anywho, I need to pick something to read next, and even though there are a bazillion books on my TBR I have no idea where to go next. Any suggestions?

Beta: I haven't been reading a thing for weeks now, everytime I try to continue with Echo I fall asleep. Not because it's boring! But because I'm just usually too tired when I go to bed late at night *shakes head* The only thing I've read lately are some awesome happy birthday greetings from last weekend! I need to start organizing my days better so I can find my reading mojo once again. Hey, I tell you what, if I haven't read at least 2 chapters in Echo by next weekend... babysteps, be gentle... I will... I will record myself singing and post it on FB. If that's not a kick in my arse nothing is, 'cause no fucking way am I going to do solo singing in public! I'm doing my very best to ignore Amanda's Fever re-read, I SO badly want to go there but I NEED to finish other books first!

Care:   I've been busy Reading ALL THE THINGS in the past week, which is kind of funny since I've only been home for part of it. I'm still reading Dragonfly In Amber, but I've also read If This is a Gift, Can I Send it Back? Surviving in the Land of the Gifted and Twice Exceptional, and most of How to Work and Homeschool: Practical Advice, Tips, and Strategies from Parents, plus Dumbing Down America: The War on our Nation's Brightest Young Minds (and What We Can do to Fight Back), Rescued, and a partridge in a pear tree!  @_@
 
Kathi: I’m still reading and listening to American Gods, enjoying its quirky characters and storylines. Real life continues to be stingy with the reading time, but I expect to finish up this week. Had a bit of a Vikings crossover moment during a scene describing the ritual sacrifices to the Old Norse gods at the Temple of Uppsala, as I remembered Ragnar's group's trip to Uppsala on the show. 

Merit: I’ve beenreluctant to start reading this one: The Book of Life by Deborah Harkness. A Discovery of Witches was,and still is, one of my favorite reads. The second book in that trilogy (All Souls), Shadow of Night, was pretty good too, I loved the time traveling, the historical period and again the characters. So much time has passed and I found myself hesitant to start the third book. Finally I did, I read about 35%, so far I’m happy with what I read.  

Zee: Started Kresley Cole's Dark Skye. So far, I am liking it a bit better than the last few IAD books. I'm in a bit of a book funk. Not really feeling anything. Which is why this is taking forever.

Comments

You Might Want to Read...

Black Dagger Brotherhood: Scenes That Left us Begging for More

A Tribute to The Fiery Cross

When The Music's Over

Dani Mega O'Malley: Superstar

Review: Annihilation (Book and Movie)