What the Wenches Are Reading

Rereads, sexy clergy, Highlanders, hit-men, and reading with loved ones filled up our reading time this week. Click through to see who's reading what. 


Amanda:  I finished Priest by Sierra Simone, and it was fantastic! And I don't usually read stand-alone books! I'm joining Zee with this one and highly recommending you read it! Other than that, I have headed back into Feverborn. Feverborn is one of those books that every single page is brilliance. I turn the page, expecting that maybe the next page will be ordinary, but it never is! Either I find a brilliant life lesson, quotable moment, or I just find comfort in old familiar characters who KMM has managed to preserve their essence after all these years! 

Angela: This week I reread The Prophet by Amanda Stevens in preparation for The Visitor which is due out this week as well. I needed to refresh my brain before tackling the new release. I'm so glad I did as it's been two years since I read The Prophet.

Anne: I'm slowly making my way through Hard Bitten. I know what's coming and I can't take it. On the audio book front, I'm booking it through A Breath of Snow and Ashes. I think this might be my favorite book so far. I'm also about a third of the way through an Outlander season 1 re-watch.

Barb: As I told you yesterday in my review, I flew three all three books in J.M. Darhower's Monster In His Eyes series. Loved it to pieces. Couldn't put it down. Now I'm back in Twice Bitten, my very favorite Chicagoland Vampires book. I also need to read a review book I was sent, but I want to read Ruthless People by J.J. McAvoy, another mafia-themed dark romance. We'll see what wins out. 

Care: I'm in Chicago, Easter-visiting and setting up computers and having a grand old time! I've been making my way steadily through The Lightning Thief and How To Train Your Dragon #7: How to Ride a Dragon's Storm with my son, and very little time for reading to myself - though I'm suddenly struck with a bit of a love for audiobooks, and I may need to look into this for myself!

Donna: Thanks to a couple of extra days off, I was able to finish the super-long Lady of Hay by Barbara Erskine. I also binge-watched Season 2 of Daredevil, but that's another story. 

Kathi: I finished my reread of Outlander. I couldn’t put it down, which is amazing after so many rereads. ALL THE FEELS are still there, gut-wrenching and transcendent, now with stunning visuals seared into my brain from the show. In the first half, I was struck by how much of the show’s dialog was copied verbatim from the book. In the second half, I was struck by how much the show had changed or omitted, and how very, very much I loved revisiting the original story. I jumped right into Dragonfly in Amber, and it’s so exciting! I’ve forgotten a lot from this book, and am also anxious to reread it in the light of certain revelations about some of the characters from The Space Between. I’ve also started rewatching season 1 of the show, of course! 

Merit: Still reading I Am Pilgrim by Terry Hayes. The plot is mesmerising, but it’s a big book and, unfortunately, my free time is limited.  

Comments

You Might Want to Read...

Black Dagger Brotherhood: Scenes That Left us Begging for More

A Tribute to The Fiery Cross

When The Music's Over

Dani Mega O'Malley: Superstar

Review: Annihilation (Book and Movie)