What the Wenches Are Reading




It's another mixed bag of books this week for the Wenches. We've got several new releases due out from authors we enjoy reading. We're also trying new authors, revisiting favorites, and picking up classics. 

Click through to see what we're reading this week, then let us know what you're reading in the comments! Because we can never have enough books in our TBR lists!


Angela: The latest installment of Alex Craft was out last week, Grave Visions by Kalayna Price. I've finally found a moment or two to start reading, and so far I'm liking it. I still vote Falin for best love interest, but we will see if things work out in that department or not. As usual it's settling up a nice mystery to be solved by Alex. Can't wait to see how it unfolds.

Anne: I'm still living in the CLV world. My e-reader app, for some reason unknown to me, deleted Friday Night Bites. So I had to start that over to get back my highlights and questions. I am also listening to the second Divergent book, Insurgent, in the car on my commutes. Well, listening in between listening to the Hamilton soundtrack for the 400th time. I'm not even sorry. Everyone should listen to Hamilton. Also, I'm finding Tris rather annoying this time around.

Barb: I'm still working my way through Friday Night Bites and, for a little light reading *sarcasm*, The Autobigraphy of Malcolm X. Reading was slow going this week, with me only opening books at bedtime or while waiting at the mechanic's. I'm also listening to Big Little Lies while I travel to visit Zee. I've heard such good things, I hope it lives up to the hype!

Donna: This week I read Flesh and Blood, one of Patricia Cornwell's Scarpetta mystery novels. The story starts on Kay's birthday, with a yummy breakfast ready to eat right before Benton whisks her away for a much-needed vacation. Poor Dr. Scarpetta doesn't get to go on vacation, and breakfast ends up forgotten in the fridge. Murder doesn't take a holiday, unfortunately.

Kathi: I finished Colleen Gleason’s contemporary Gothic romance series by reading The Cards of Life and Death and an ARC for The Gems of Vice and Greed, which released yesterday! These books are a quick read — they’re fast-paced and sexy and fun, and I liked each book more than the one before. (Note that I said sexy…I was mistaken last week when I said they were YA, much to my delight!) Look for a review soon.

Merit: This week I finished my last week's read, Court of Nightfall (The Nightfall Chronicles #1) by Karpov Kinrade (a pen name comprised of a husband/wife writing duo). It's an intriguing fantasy/sci-fi story of a young woman's journey from her childhood in a dystopian world (yes, I love dystopian tales). She has dreams, visions of making her world better, and despite having her world turned upside down, she fights on. If you like books about dystopian worlds and angel lore (an original take on angels here), you’ll enjoy this story. I must add that that it is recommended especially for YA. Now, I am rereading Dark Debt...need I say more?

Comments

You Might Want to Read...

Black Dagger Brotherhood: Scenes That Left us Begging for More

A Tribute to The Fiery Cross

When The Music's Over

Dani Mega O'Malley: Superstar

Review: Annihilation (Book and Movie)