What the Wenches Are Reading


One book is mentioned in almost all of the Wenches's reading lists this week. Any guesses what book has us all on the same page? (har har) Of course it's Iced by Karen Marie Moning.

Read on to see what the Wenches are saying about Iced, and what other books are on our bedside tables.




Amanda: I'm reading the newly released Iced by Karen Marie Moning. It's been slow going, but not by any fault of this book. I am enjoying it immensely! I am most impressed with the way that Iced "feels" like the Fever world. It feels like I've "come home", yet we are presented with a very different book in which previous side characters become main characters. 

Anne: I'm still reading Iced! It's so good so far, I just haven't had much time to read with damn work getting in the way. It's unacceptable that they won't let me read while I work.

Angela: It's all about Iced this week. Enjoyed it and loved Dani. Now onto a Dragonfly in Amber by Diana Gabaldon. Loving some Jamie Fraser at present. Book started off a bit odd though, but starting to now make more sense.

Barb: I finished Iced on Sunday. I'm kind of bereft. I first read Fever a few months after the release of Shadowfever, so I've never had to wait for a Fever book. I don't know what to do with myself. I'm sure I'll reread Iced soon. Maybe after I finish my Shadowfever reread.

Beta: I'm reading Iced, woot, woot! I haven't been able to read it as fast as I'd like but I'm really enjoying it so far! (*whispers* Don't tell anyone but the bonehead me managed to start reading chapter 9 instead of 1 on my ereader. Can you imagine how confused I was reading that whole chapter until I found out why... D'oh! *facepalm*)

Donna: After blowing through Iced, I'm going back to Faefever and my Fever series re-read. This is my modus operandi - reading the latest book of a beloved book series as quickly as possible, and then going back to reread the series at a slower pace and look for hidden clues and foreshadowing.

Katherine: I blew through Iced in six hours but started my re-read today. I'm going to force myself to read slowly and really savor the adolescent angst that KMM, of course, captures perfectly! Go Dani!

Kathi: I finished Shadowfever and read Iced this week. Now I'm "re-reading" it by listening to the audio book while I try to catch up on all the projects that have fallen behind while I've been reading. I'm not quite sure what I'll read next. I am considering Justin Cronin's The Twelve (which means I need to re-read The Passage first). But I might read a stand-alone book or two, since several have accumulated on my e-reader.

Margo: Iced, of course!! Worth the wait and more, KMM did a fabulous job. I'm now starting my reread and am picking Shadowfever back up.

Naomi: Reading Iced at last. I love Dani's voice here, though she is as annoying a teenager as they come. Too early for comments, and I won't read the spoiler thread. KMM rocks!

Olga: I had my Fever re-read last week, then Iced kept me busy and fascinated for a couple of days. Now I have serious Fever withdrawals. Go back to Darkfever and start a re-read all over again or read something new? So I decided it was time I met the Highlander series. Devoured Beyond the Highland Mist (Highlander, #1) in a day and I just started To Tame A Highland Warrior (Highlander, #2).

Veronica: I'm reading Iced and loving it. I'm taking my time with it, but starting to get impatient with myself!

Zee: Finished Broken (by Megan Hart). Heartbreaking read. Re-reading the Downside Ghosts series (by Stacia Kane) and SSN/Sookie Stackhouse Novels (by Charlaine Harris) for my next post. Also re-reading Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier. Oh, and if I finish everything, I really want to start either the Outlander series or the Kate Daniels series!

Comments

You Might Want to Read...

Black Dagger Brotherhood: Scenes That Left us Begging for More

A Tribute to The Fiery Cross

When The Music's Over

Dani Mega O'Malley: Superstar

Review: Annihilation (Book and Movie)