What The Wenches Are Reading

“Time machines, magic portals, transporters, worm holes, flying carpets, relocation charms—such things do exist. They're called books.”
                Richelle E.Goodrich. 
Click through to see what the Wenches have been reading!

Angela: I’ve been diving into the Malazan series with book one Gardens of the Moon (The Malazan Book of the Fallen #1) by Steven Erikson. I was warned I would need to keep my wits about me and my advisors were not wrong. There are so many character and events to try to keep straight that it takes a lot of brain power. The series is compelling and I’m enjoying it a lot so far.

Anne: I am up to Biting Cold in my CLV reread. Fucking Mallory is all I have to say about that. I also decided on The Martian for my audio book. It's delightful, as always.

Barb:  I haven't gotten a lot of reading done because I've been painting. I finished two paintings this week, and I'm still reading Darkfever. Probably won't get a lot of reading done this coming week because my Tribe is playing in the World Series which will probably keep my evenings full. #GoTribe #Believeland #RallyTogether

Donna:  Well, I’m still enjoying the Darkfever audio book. This has been an interesting experience for me. I’ve come to realize I read incredibly fast and sometimes skip over subtle nuances in order to find out what happens next. The good news is I felt sufficiently close to finishing, so I downloaded the next installment in the Fever series, Bloodfever. It’s my goal to complete the audio book series before the Feversong book launch in NOLA this coming January. 

Kathi: I finally got around to reading The Girl on the Train this week. I agree with the negatives I’d heard that caused me to wait so long: no likable characters, slow start, and an alcoholic narrator who keeps falling off the wagon — one of my least favorite character types. But in the end I did like the story, I just had to wait for a time when I was in the mood to endure these things to learn how it all fit together. The fact that it was a book full of stupid female characters left a bit of a bad taste in my mouth. I prefer smart female characters. But now I am finally finishing my 2016 SWBC reading challenge by indulging in a mix of rereading and relistening to some of my favorite characters — in Voyager!! I’m also still absolutely addicted to A Place to Call Home, watching season 2 on DVD. I got tired of waiting for the DVDs to dribble in from Netflix, so I bought my own copies and have already set about getting other people hooked.  

Merit: This week I started reading Empire of Storms, Book #5 in the brilliant, action-packed Throne of Glass series by Sarah J. Maas. I’ve read only 2 chapters so far because I found out that there is a new season airing for one of my most anticipated TV series: A Place to Call Home returned for season 4! I loved this Australian period drama from its first season and reviewed it here on January 15. I’ve watched 5 episodes so far (7 episodes out of 12 aired as of today), and I can say that this season is still as addictive and fantastic as the previous seasons. 

Zee: I wanted to jump right into another psychological thriller after The Girl On The Train, but instead read Stacia Kane's Made For Sin. Which I LOVED. It took me a few chapters to really get invested in it but oh my GOD! SO GREAT! I'm sitting here praying it's going to be a series! Merit and Ethan are calling my name a lot lately, so I might do a Chicagoland reread. However, I am searching for another mystery thriller to read. I love those so much. 

Comments

You Might Want to Read...

Black Dagger Brotherhood: Scenes That Left us Begging for More

A Tribute to The Fiery Cross

When The Music's Over

Dani Mega O'Malley: Superstar

Review: Annihilation (Book and Movie)