What the Wenches Are Reading

Source






Click through to discover what the Wenches are reading this week! And share your choices in the comments below!







Amanda:  Right now, I am reading both A Feast for Crows and A Dance with Dragons by George R.R. Martin. This is my first reading of A Song of Ice and Fire series. I have decided to do a combined reading of AFFC and ADOD to experience the events in both books in a mostly chronological order. Here is the link to the suggested guide for new readers. He also gives a suggested reading order for those that are rereading the series. 

Angela: I'm reading an ARC I received called Purified by Brian Robert Smith. I'm enjoying it. It's fast paced and has enough twists and turns to hold my attention. Plus a mad scientist is an ingredient to the story as he tries to recapture Mason Bushing who has escaped from his experiments.

Anne: All three of us in my house are getting over colds. So, there hasn't been much time for reading. But I'm considering rereading A Game of Thrones in my excitement for the new season.

Barb: Some kind of mental block is keeping me from really getting into anything right now. I've had a reread of Bloodlines on my tablet for a couple of weeks, and I also started The Borgias and Their Enemies. I haven't gotten very far with either, and I'm thinking about putting Bloodlines away to reread closer to the release of Silver Shadows in July. But mostly I'm watching a lot of the Showtime show, The Borgias, which is fabulous!

Beta: I haven't had much time to read this week and the little time I've had I haven't been motivated to pick up a book, instead I've been catching up on couple of TV shows.

Care: This week was almost slow for me.  I finished up my third reread of Ball & Chain, and went back for the incredibly sweet Tigers and Devils by Sean Kennedy.  Sort of a comfort read, I suppose - now I have to figure out what to read next!

Donna: I didn't get a chance to read this week, but I did pick up a beautiful copy of The Great Gatsby. I recently did one of those online quizzes (http://www.listchallenges.com/kaunismina-bbc-6-books-challenge) and wasn't too impressed with my score (22/100). Most of the books I've read lately have been in ebook format, so it should be a nice change to sit down with a book, smell the paper and the ink, and turn real pages.

Kathi: Surprise—I did not read Outlander books this week! I didn’t want to dilute my memories and impressions of The Fiery Cross while I wrote a post about that book, so I tried to read something entirely different. I read Susan Ee’s Angelfall and World After, which Merit and Zee gushed so much about recently. These books were so awesome that I couldn’t stop reading them long enough to work on my post! They really sucked me in. Great world building, lots of action, refreshingly unique and unpredictable characters and events. Though many of the images they left in my head are extremely creepy, and I have a feeling they will stick with me for a long time. These books are fast-paced, riveting, vivid, quick reads, and now I am eager for the next installments in the series!

Merit: After I finished the engaging Fiery Heart (Bloodlines #4), I decided to browse through my “neglected” kindle books. First I read Raphael by D.B Reynolds, (Vampires in America #1).  I can’t decide if it is UF or PNR, as it has action, suspense and sexual tension. Raphael is a vampire lord, exactly how you expect a strong one to be, he even wears that long leather coat. He hire sCynthia, a kickass P.I to help him locate a missing vamp.  Good reading, but I feel like it has unfulfilled potential, it could have been much more. The other book I read is Tangled by Emma Chase (Tangled#1). A funny, even hilarious, romantic HOT story, well written and told from the guy pov, a fact that I liked very much. It’s the ultimate playboy meets the no-nonsense girl, with consequences. Real entertainment.

Natalie: Well I finished my total re read of the Night Huntress series with the new book at the end.  I'm sad to see a series I loved end but it is done. I don't have words on how I feel just yet, don't know if I ever will.  So like any reader I just threw myself into the next book and started to read Winter's Tale by Mark Helprin. It is a longer book that I have not gotten very far into to be able to express any feelings about.  It looks to be a complex world Helprin is creating.  Last night I went to see Divergent in the theaters, as I read books one and two already.  I thought it was a well done book to movie adaptation and has given me the itch to read book three, Allegiant.  So I put aside Winter's Tale and started Allegiant.  I'm hoping this to be a quick read as I'm 32 pages in, so we will see where this series ends!

Shau: I'm still on a Jaz Parks re-read. Real Life has been busy so no time for anything new.

Zee: I haven't been motivated to read lately, but I did finish the first three Vampire Academy books, and will probably be done with the next three soon. I put them away after Shadow Kiss for some reason, even though things had finally gotten interesting enough for me to wonder what was going to happen next. And also, I love Adrian. And Lissa. And Christian.

Comments

You Might Want to Read...

Black Dagger Brotherhood: Scenes That Left us Begging for More

A Tribute to The Fiery Cross

When The Music's Over

Dani Mega O'Malley: Superstar

Review: Annihilation (Book and Movie)