What the Wenches Are Reading

Some of the Wenches are having slow reading weeks, and haven't been able to dedicate much time to our favorite pastime. While the rest of us have been indulging in rereads or slowly but surely making our way through new series, or the latest installments of others that we've been following for a while. A Game of Thrones, The Hollows, Bloodlines, & Outlander are just some of the worlds we're completely enthralled by this week!  

Click through to see exactly what we've been up to!



Amanda:  I am chugging along with A Feast for Crows by GRRM. I haven't had a lot of reading time, true, but it's also been pretty slow so far. New POVs doesn't necessarily mean more interesting. I'm not worried though, I'm in it for the long haul. I think that the end of A Storm of Swords spoiled me because it was SO fast-paced!

Angela: Slow reading this week. I'm reading new release The Undead Pool (The Hollows #12) by Kim Harrison. I'm not that fussed with the storyline in this one as I was hoping for some resolution on the saving of Ivy's soul and there is not enough of the demons. That being said, Jenks one liners continue to be a delight.

Anne: I haven't done much reading this week. A little Cut & Run by Abi Roux and some Supernatural fanfiction. But, I went back to work this past week, so I've got even less reading time now.

Barb:  I finished Bloodlines and The Golden Lily this week, moving right on to The Indigo Spell. Toward the end of The Golden Lily I fell completely and utterly head-over-heels in love with one Adrian Ivashkov. I am also loving where Sydney seems to be heading, which adds up to not enough reading time in the day. With every page I'm becoming a huge Richelle Mead fan--chica knows how to build a world bringing the reader along for the ride!

Beta: This week I've been watching TV more than I've been reading but when I make time for reading I continue my Outlander ride in The Fiery Cross which I will soon finish, yay me!

Care: This week has been hard for me.  I've been off and on sick (I got glutened, which means I'm all kinds of weird-feeling), but with a little in the house, that doesn't seem to translate to any time to read, BOO!  However, I did read through King of Dublin, which was absolutely fantastic although dark and horrifying as well... It's so worth the read.  I've also spent time catching up with Ty and Zane in Fish & Chips, and getting my library set up on my new compy - Calibre, I love you so!

Donna: Last week I started reading The Undead Pool (The Hollows #12) by Kim Harrison. I actually forgot I read the first chapter a while ago it was released online. D'oh! I'm enjoying getting back into Rachel's crazy life. So far, there has been lots of Trent (yay!), Jenks (yay!) and Ellsabeth (pfft!) but not enough Al (aw!). I still have a long ways to go (but if I play my cards right, I should be able to finish it this week).

Kathi: I am finally back to my Outlander reread, and I’m so glad to be back that I don’t even care how long and slow-moving The Fiery Cross is. I savor all the little details about daily life, the historical perspective, the intimate conversations and romantic moments. I realize that I’m a bit giddy at finally being back in this world again after a (seemingly endless) hiatus, so I’d probably be delighted just to read Diana Gabaldon’s grocery list, but mostly it’s her marvelous storytelling casting its spell over me. I’m blissfully happy to be able to sit and read every night!

Merit: Back from an enchanted land of the Far East to the enchanted land of books. Still reading Diana Rowland’s Fury of the Demon. I find it a very engaging read, so much is going on. It is good to see Kara getting back to her element (on Earth), trying to solve this book mystery with her bunch of friends and foes. She still copes with her horrible experience from the previous book, but carries on fiercely for her loved ones. I had a big AHA moment here, solving a nagging, uncertain feeling which I had for the last 2 books. (Wench Olga, listen to me please.) What a relief.

Natalie: Hey Wenchy followers its another week of the year gone and time to see what we are reading. Seriously March is coming in like a blood thirsty lion for me, but my HOPE is that I get further with my Night Huntress reread. I finished Mencheres's book and now I'm halfway done with This Side of the Grave. I hope by the time this weekend is out I'll be on to the next one. Man rereading is fun but time consuming. Happy Reading all!

Shau: I'm in one of my phases where I don't know what to read :(. So many choices... sooooo I've decided to take a break. But, I've been pimping out my fave series to my friends instead. Hope you like Sabina Kane (you know who you are!). 

Zee: I finished Seduction & Snacks (Chocolate Lovers #1) by Tara Sivec and thought it was hilarious. Just what I needed at the time. 

Comments

You Might Want to Read...

Black Dagger Brotherhood: Scenes That Left us Begging for More

A Tribute to The Fiery Cross

When The Music's Over

Dani Mega O'Malley: Superstar

Review: Annihilation (Book and Movie)