What the Wenches Are Reading

“It's not that I don't like people. It's just that when I'm in the company of others - even my nearest and dearest - there always comes a moment when I'd rather be reading a book.” 

― Maureen CorriganLeave Me Alone, I'm Reading: Finding and Losing Myself in Books



Amanda: I'm still reading Faefever by Karen Marie Moning, and I'm loving every minute of it. I thoroughly enjoyed Mac's first visit to the Abbey. I'm not thrilled with this though: "Making sure you didn't need backup. If you'd told me you were taking your fairy little boyfriend, I wouldn't have wasted my time. I resent it when you waste my time, Ms. Lane."

Angela: I'm reading Back Lash by Devon Monk. As you know I'm a massive Devon Monk fangirl and so excited to be reading more about Shame and Terric. 

Anne: I'm nearly halfway through Drums of Autumn. I just got to a chapter from Jamie's POV, which was a nice surprise. And, I have briefly abandoned Dublin and the Fever world because my very favorite fanfic came up in a fanfic book club I'm a part of. I couldn't resist the temptation.

Barb: Shadowfever. Still reading Shadowfever, and wallowing in every single page.  

Donna: This week I read India Black by Carol K. Carr. This is historical fiction about a madam who becomes involved in espionage, along with some mysterious characters. Just some fun, light reading.

Kathi: I started reading 11/22/63, based on the great feedback from Angela and other friends who have read it. I'm fascinated by the story so far, but haven't had time to get very far into it. So right now, it's a bit frustrating, taunting me with what I know will be a wonderful read that's just out of my reach for the moment, but this too shall pass!

Shau: This week, I've been reading Kalayna Price's Grave Witch (Alex Craft #1). It was good enough to keep me reading till 3 a.m. Furthermore, I didn't love it but I did find it a good start to the series and I do want to read the second book in the series.

Zee:  Still majorly in a reading slump. But managed to read some smut, Kit Rocha's Beyond Shame. Great smut. Interesting characters. Below average story. Also skimmed through some old faves, Cosmos, They Do It With Mirrors, Red Dragon. It's comforting to return to books you've always enjoyed. I'm hoping I can read the new Megan Hart, Hold Me Close, soon. 

Comments

You Might Want to Read...

Black Dagger Brotherhood: Scenes That Left us Begging for More

A Tribute to The Fiery Cross

When The Music's Over

Dani Mega O'Malley: Superstar

Review: Annihilation (Book and Movie)