What The Wenches Are Reading

How was Halloween, Saucy readers? We hope you had a fun, candy-filled night! 

You'll notice that the Wenches are reading a lot of each other's favorites! Some of us are still traipsing through Scotland (and time) with Claire and Jamie. Some are busy reading romances, contemporary and regency. And some of us are just reading whatever we can get our hands on! 

Click through to see what we've been reading! 



Amanda: I have been barely reading as usual. However, I did get a little more Outlander in and OMG, if it's not one thing for Jamie and Claire, it's another! I couldn't believe what happened outside the jail!

Angela: I finally managed to get some reading done after a couple weeks of virtually none. I carried on with India Black and the Gentleman Thief and the series continues to delight me. I'm a bit sad that this is the last book in the series, but highly recommended it if you love historical mysteries.

Anne: I read some Supernatural fanfiction this week. Plus, I'm progressing nicely through Outlander #4, Drums of Autumn. I'm liking this one a lot!

Barb: Wow, I haven't finished a book since October 18, after tearing through 42 books between May and October. Too bad, I was really enjoying my reading streak. I did start Stephen King's Nightmares and Dreamscapes anthology, but I only got through one story. And then Olga ordered me to drop everything and read Black Lies by Alessandra Torre, so I did. It started off a little sweet a little hot and then got suuuuper fucked up. I love that. I'll have the house to myself this weekend, Saucy Readers, so what do I need to read next?

Care: I am back on my game!  Unfortunately, this also means that the people in my house expect me to feed them, clean up after myself, and otherwise do all the things I wasn't in charge of while I was sick.  BOO!  This week, however, I got in Play On, Playing for Keeps, and Playing to Win all on the reread. Can't believe how well they hold up, even on multiple rereads! SO GOOD! And, we interrupt this YAY to bring you the following SQUEE: Playing it Safe is available on Avery Cockburn's website!  GO. Totally worth!!

Donna: I actually found time to binge read this week! Career of Evil by Robert Galbraith (aka J.K. Rowling) is the newest installment in the Cormoran Strike series. Once I picked it up, I was immediately engaged and had to keep reading. Laundry could wait! Cormoran's assistant, Robin, is sent a severed leg, and it soon becomes apparent she is the target of a serial killer. The detective duo immediately get to work trying to figure out the identity of the killer. This is one mystery detective series that definitely deserves a look! 

Kathi: I didn’t read much this week, but I’m about 2/3 through the audio and ebook versions of Dune. I’m battling my conflicting desires to hurry up and find out what happens next and to slow down and savor the prose. There are many pearls of wisdom in this book, much like I remember, and IMHO they have stood the test of time very well.

Merit: A few weeks ago I read One Night with You, and found out that this was an introduction to the "Fatal series" by Marie Force, a short story, sexy and full of humor. It is a prequel to the first book, explaining what happened between Sam and Nic, the main characters, years ago on their first meeting. It was such a fun read that I went looking for the first book in the series, Fatal Affair. I’m still reading it. It’s a romantic suspense, funny and sexy. Great entertainment.

Zee:  After devouring a few Sherry Thomas novels in a row, I kinda hit a reading wall. Which has been happening to me a lot lately. It's a crappy feeling, but hopefully something will snap me out of it!

Comments

You Might Want to Read...

Black Dagger Brotherhood: Scenes That Left us Begging for More

A Tribute to The Fiery Cross

When The Music's Over

Dani Mega O'Malley: Superstar

Review: Annihilation (Book and Movie)