What the Wenches Are Reading



Click through to see what we're reading this week, and don't forget to share your list, in the comments below!






Amanda:  I know this is shocking, but I'm still reading A Feast for Crows and A Dance with Dragons! Although they are very long and not quick reads, I highly recommend them! 

Angela: This week I finished Anansi Boys by Neil Gaiman and really enjoyed it.  The story was crafted in such a way that I was drawn into finding out what would happen with Fat Charlie and Spider.  I've then moved on to Meatworks by Jordan Castillo Price. It's robotic sci fi and I can't wait to see where it leads to. I'm currently in two minds about the lead character Desmond Poole and his daily trash flinging over a neighbours fence issue. Well worth a read.

Anne: I just finished Abi Roux's Stars & Stripes. Now, I'm thinking of going back to my all-time favorite books, The Lord of the Rings trilogy. My sister just told me she finished them and I realized it's been several years since I read them.

Barb: I was working on The Signature of All Things, I swear I was! Okay, I really watched the whole first season of Hemlock Grove last week, so not much reading was done at my house. Then! On Friday an advance copy of one of the three books that are at the tippy top of my list of books I'm dying waiting for, arrived on my doorstep! So I'm currently reading Cursed Moon, the second book in the Prospero's War series by Jaye Wells. Several chapters in and I've met one of the delightfully colorful characters Ms. Wells excels at creating. 

Donna: This week I started reading The Silkworm by Robert Galbraith (aka J.K. Rowling). So far, I'm loving it. Just a couple of chapters in, and I've already found my next quote of the day (July 26). The Silkworm,(Cormoran Strike #2) continues the story of the very likable private detective and his capable assistant, Robin. I have to say, I'm a little in love with him after he "fired" his wealthy, obnoxious client to take on a missing husband case. Sold!

Kathi: I’m still slowly rereading Written in My Own Heart’s Blood. Haven’t had much time for reading, but I’m still concerned that I’m going to finish my reread before I have time to write about the book. So in an attempt to slow myself down, I finally started watching Sons of Anarchy. Whenever there isn’t a new trailer or teaser for the Outlander tv show. It’s a wee bit difficult for me to think about much else right now. Work, garden, Outlander, ... and now Sons of Anarchy.

Merit:  This week I read Cinder, the first book in The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer. This is a twist on the Cinderella story, a futuristic cyborg Cinderella. The basic elements are there, the bitchy stepmother, two stepsisters, a charming prince, even a kind of carriage to take Cinder to the ball. I thoroughly enjoyed the writ­ing style and the story, even though the reader finds out too quickly the mystery about Cinder's origin.

Natalie:  I did it!  I finished my complete re read of A Discovery of Witches and Shadow of Night by Deborah Harkness.  This week I am going to have my second read of The Book of Life.  Check the blog for the review of The Book of Life for it is truly FANTASTIC!  I'm off to stick my nose back in the book because I'm so far behind in my reading challenge! If I am lucky/fast enough to read the rest of the book, I will try to get one of my two Jojo Moyes books started. Happy reading everyone!

Zee: I read The General's Son by Miko Peled this week. A book I had to put away a few times because I found it too overwhelming, and it affected me deeply. I still think about it before falling asleep. And I am more determined than ever to educate myself however possible. I did take a break to read, possibly, one of the worst eroticas out there. So bad I couldn't even laugh after a while. I have no idea what I will read next. I feel like I'm still very much in the midst of Miko Peled's story.. so it might take me a while to move on.

Comments

You Might Want to Read...

Black Dagger Brotherhood: Scenes That Left us Begging for More

A Tribute to The Fiery Cross

When The Music's Over

Dani Mega O'Malley: Superstar

Review: Annihilation (Book and Movie)