What the Wenches Are Reading

Source



As the holidays creep ever closer the Wenches are fighting to fit some reading time into our busy schedules, thankful that our latest new releases are novellas letting us visit our favorite worlds without having to make long-term commitments. Dangerous Women and Kicking It appear on our list more than once this week, along with a couple of old favorites and new-found treasures.

Click through to find out what we're reading (or watching!) this week, and tell us what you're reading in the comments below.







Amanda: I read Shock & Awe and Bait & Switch by Abigail Roux. They were pretty good novellas. I liked getting to know Nick & Kelly better, but it also proved that Ty & Zane are really the only ones that I truly care about. I also picked up Lover At Last by J.R. Ward, at 35% where I abandoned it in April. Time to tie up that loose end.

Angela: It's been a bit of a slow reading this week. I've started Chimes at Midnight (October Daye #7) by Seanan McGuire, but haven't had a lot of time to read with the kids' Christmas events all happening and friends wanting to catch up before the holidays start.

Anne: Not much reading this week unfortunately, instead I worked 48 hours and 6 out of 7 days this week. Between that, holiday preparations and baby Wolverine preparations I'll be lucky to get any reading done this whole month. Which sucks. Big time.

Barbara: I'm still working on At Grave's End in my Night Huntress reread. I took a break to read High Stakes, a Chicagoland Vampires novella in the Kicking It anthology released last week. Loved getting inside Lindsey's head but now I just want more! Holiday decorations and gift-making are keeping me from reading as much as I'd like, but I am watching some great TV while knitting!

Beta: I didn't have any time to read this week, aside from being swamped with work I've been busy making Christmas gifts while watching TV, cleaning, decorating and baking while listening to Christmas songs, luckily this is my favorite holiday month of the year so I've been enjoying the holiday preparations.

Care: I've spent this week reading... websites. Epic TONS of websites. Specifically for research - I'm learning about ADHD, hockey terminology, and Gluten-Free / Celiac disease. If nothing else, I'm going to be extremely well-informed by the time next week rolls around!

Kathi: I didn't get much time for reading this week, but I did read a few stories in the long-awaited Dangerous Women anthology edited by George RR Martin that released this week. First, I skipped directly to "Virgins", a short Outlander story by Diana Gabaldon. Then I read a story by her son, Sam Sykes, and a story by George RR Martin himself! And there are many more stories by a variety of interesting authors to keep me busy this week.

Merit: This week was a real delight! First, I read Virgins a novella by Diana Gabaldon (in the Dangerous Women anthology), a prequel to Outlander. Showing us young Jamie Fraser and Ian Murray, their very close friendship, Jamie's anguish over his father and sister and the adventures they share in France. Ms. Gabaldon, in her brilliant way, shows us glimpses of Jamie’s strong, intelligent character to come. Second, I read Chloe Neill’s delightful novella (8.5 in the Chicagoland Vampires series) High Stakes, (in the Kicking It anthology) a short story featuring Cadogan vampire guards Lindsey and Luc. Fast paced, full of action, great characters and cameo appearances of Merit & Ethan. So good!

Natalie: Well another week closer to the end of the year and it looks as if my goal of 50 books is not going to be met this year. I am grateful in some ways as that means I have been employed and income is coming in. I just wish I could get more time to read too. I am over 64% of the way through Friday Night Bites re read and hopefully I’ll finish that this week. My list is ever growing of things people are asking me to read and what I want to read. Hopefully I’ll have a reading holiday coming up.

Shau: Clean Sweep by Ilona Andrews. I'm so glad it's out, and can't wait for book two (hurry up Ilona!).

Veronica:Finishing up the PsyCop series. I started Spook Squad a couple of days ago, which is the most recently released book. I didn't get too far this weekend because I got a little involved in Hemlock Grove on Netflix.

Zee: Sadly no reading for me this week! Just too distracted to sit down and read... or do anything for that matter.

Comments

  1. Last weekend I went back in time to go to the future. How the hell did I miss this 10 years ago!! Courtesy of my younger son's fascination with Sci-fi I fell in love with Firefly. Watched all 16 episodes on Netflix. What was wrong with those people over on Fox?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kris, I just recently started watching Firefly starring Nathan Fillion. I've only watched 4 episodes so far and I I love it. I flove Nathan Fillion. After that I'm so going to watch Serenity :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

You Might Want to Read...

Black Dagger Brotherhood: Scenes That Left us Begging for More

A Tribute to The Fiery Cross

When The Music's Over

Dani Mega O'Malley: Superstar

Review: Annihilation (Book and Movie)