What the Wenches are Reading

Source




Click through to see what we're reading this week! 







Angela: This week I’ve been completed immersed in Memories of Ice (Malazan Book of the Fallen #3) by Steven Erikson. I just can’t put it down.  If ever there was a master of fantasy writing, I think I’ve discovered him. The work is breathtaking. The scope awe inspiring and in depth. It’s hard to tear my eyes away from the story. Diverse characters, from complex backgrounds. The series is the kind where you really hit the ground running. You’re looking for the best fantasy out there. You can’t go past this series.

Anne: At the demand of Head Wench Barb, I am reading Burn for Me by Ilona Andrews. I'm really enjoying it so far. In my audio book listening, I finished River Marked and started Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. I really like this one, so much happens!

Barb: I finished White Hot, which was Uh. May. Zing. I’m still gobsmacked about how fantastic that book was, how great that series continues to be. Bravo Ilona Andrews. Look for a complete review just before release day at the end of the month. I then debated whether to continue on to my Wildfire ARC, but decided that I would delay my gratification a little and wait. So I’m reading the next Sentinels of New Orleans book, River Road.

Care:  The past entirely-too-long has been spent deep in the trenches with the Drs. Eide trying to figure out potential learning disabilities versus vision issues. It's been interesting, if not entirely pleasure reading, but hey, I'll take it!

Donna:  I still have a little left to go on Claire North’s The Sudden Appearance of Hope. Hope’s superpower is both a blessing a curse - no one who meets her can remember her. She is free to do whatever she wants with impunity. Hope is very lonely since she is unable to forge any lasting relationships, except with online acquaintances. Her parents began to forget her when she was fourteen years old, and she’s been alone ever since. To make ends meet, she turns to thievery. When she steals a priceless necklace from the organization she blames for a tragic death, she sets a dangerous chain of events into motion.

Kathi: I'm still rereading Midnight Marked whenever I can steal some time here and there.

Merit:  This week I read Provocative (White Lies Duet #1) by Lisa Renee Jones. If you are familiar with LRJ books, you know what you are about to get. This time it’s the story of a ruthless, sexy and powerful lawyer who seeks revenge for his father’s death, and the beautiful tormented heiress who is the key to it all. The suspense mixed with the sexual chemistry between the two is red-hot.

 Shau: Re-reading Burn for Me and impatiently awaiting White Hot by Ilona Andrews. I seriously can’t wait!!

Zee: I finally finished Blade Bound!!! After MONTHS of no reading. I took a weird Immortals After Dark detour and now I am going to do a Burn for Me reread!!!

Comments

You Might Want to Read...

Black Dagger Brotherhood: Scenes That Left us Begging for More

A Tribute to The Fiery Cross

When The Music's Over

Dani Mega O'Malley: Superstar

Review: Annihilation (Book and Movie)