What the Wenches Are Reading




Mysteries, vampire favorites, assassins, Highlanders, classics, and romances are filling up our reading lists this week. Click through to see what we're reading. And give us some suggestions in the comments below. We're running out of books to read! Okay, you know that's a lie, but make some suggestions, anyway! 





Amanda: No reading for me this week.

Angela: This week I read the brilliant When Falcons Fall (Sebastian St Cyr #11) by C.S. Harris. Once again an absolutely brilliant mystery that kept me guessing right until the end. You can check out my review here. I followed that up with Neanderthal Seeks Human by Penny Reid. It was a quirky romance and just what I needed. 

Anne: I'm slowly making my way to the unavoidable heartbreak of Hard Bitten. And, I am tantalizingly close to the end of A Breath of Snow and Ashes. I can't wait to see where this story leaves off!

Barb: I still have Hard Bitten on my bedside table, but I think my heart is rebelling because I haven't gotten very far. It's so interesting that even when I know things will turn out fine, I'm still reluctant to go through the heartbreak to get there. I also picked up In The Company of Killers by J.A. Redmerski, and tore through the first two, Killing Sarai and Reviving Izabel. I never really thought about how fascinating it would be to see how an assassin is made, but it really was! I'm now in The Swan and The Jackal in the same series, which I was SUPER irritated by until more than halfway in, when one sentence changed everything and now I'm excited to see where it goes from here. There are two more books in this series and one on the way, so I'm sure that's what I'll be reading for the next week.   

Donna:  I finished Oscar Wilde’s classic novel The Picture of Dorian Gray. I wonder what Mr. Wilde would make of the narcissistic society we live in today, thanks to the selfie generation. More than one hundred years later, he is still relevant. Hmm...what to start next? I just picked up a copy of The Nest by Cynthia D’Aprix Sweeney. It’s been getting good reviews, so I think I’ll give it a try. 

Kathi: I’m still rereading Dragonfly in Amber. I haven’t had much time to read, and I spent half of that watching the new Outlander TV episode several times. I’d like to stay ahead of the show, so I need to carve out more reading time. 

Zee: So I’ve had a slow reading week. I was in the mood for some horror, so picked up Dweller by Jeff Strand. I’d had that on my reading list for a while, after Stephen King recommended it, I think. It was not what I expected. It actually really moved me. I needed something to cheer me up so picked up Sarah McLean’s Nine Rules To Break When Romancing A Rake. I didn’t expect much. But I ended up really enjoying it, cheesy romance cliches and all. The thing that surprised me the most was how I fell in love with the rake! HARD. Sigh. Will definitely be picking up the rest of them.

Comments

You Might Want to Read...

Black Dagger Brotherhood: Scenes That Left us Begging for More

A Tribute to The Fiery Cross

When The Music's Over

Dani Mega O'Malley: Superstar

Review: Annihilation (Book and Movie)