What the Wenches are Reading

Wench reading choices are all over the map again this week. Chicagoland Vampires, Outlander, and A Song of Ice and Fire all made their way to more than one Wench's bedside table (or e-reader, or car) this week, while Wench favorites Kate Daniels and Downside Ghosts are also enjoying some repeat visitors. Click through to see what else has captured the attention of our Wenches this week.






Amanda: I'm reading Magic Slays by Ilona Andrews. It's the 5th book in the Kate Daniels series. I had stepped away from the series, and I'm glad to be back with Kate once again. She is one badass female, and I love her snark!

Anne: I'm skimming through the early Chicagoland Vampires books for an upcoming post. I'm also about 10 chapters into A Dance with Dragons. I missed Jon and Tyrion in A Feast for Crows. I'm glad they are back.

Angela: Rereading A Storm of Swords and A Feast for Crows by George R. R. Martin. I'm taking notes about the Jaime Lannister goodies so I can finish writing a post about him.

Barbara: I'm relishing my Chicagoland Vampires reread. I finished Some Girls Bite and moved on to Friday Night Bites. I love every single thing about these books!

Beta: Still reading The Fiery Cross and enjoying it very much. I did, however, start to take a sneak peek at the Chicagoland Vampires books this weekend and couldn't stop, and before I knew it I'd turned the pages of the first three books. Gawd, I love 'em! Ethan and Merit are amazing. Enough said.

Donna: I just started a reread (4th time) of Dragonfly in Amber by Diana Gabaldon. I think I last read it about two years ago, so I'm a little fuzzy on a few of the details. Major plot points? They're burned on my brain!

Katherine: I'm finishing up Sacrificial Magic this week and heading right into Chasing Magic! I cannot get enough of Terrible!!

Kathi: Still rereading Voyager, taking my time, and savoring every word.

Merit: This week I read Lord John and the Private Matter by Diana Gabaldon, the first installment of her series about Lord John Grey, a secondary, gay character in her Outlander books. I have been reluctant to read this series for a long time, but as soon as I finished An Echo in the Bone (Outlander #7), I wanted to know more about Lord John. This story is very different from Outlander, a small historical mystery, not too complex, not too grisly, with political and military intrigues, two murders to solve, and no romance, but I got really good insight into Lord John's character, motives, and especially his sense of honor.

Olga: I was reading Swarm (Channeling Morpheus #9) when I made the mistake of peeking at the first chapter of Brush of Darkness (Abby Sinclair series) by Allison Pang. And that was a mistake because I loved what I "saw" so far and can't wait to go back to it and start it for real, but I want to finish CM before starting anything else. Only now I realize how much I love and miss UF!!! I have the feeling I'll be writing a review of this series soon enough.

Shau: I can't decide yet. Maybe I'll start Sylvia Day's Renegade Angels series. I'm not sure.

Veronica: I've been reading Fandom at the Crossroads: Celebration, Shame, and Fan/Producer Relationships by Lynn Zubernis and Katherine Larsen, which was recommended to me by a friend. It's an interesting look at the online fandom. It also examines the interaction between the television show Supernatural not just with its fans, but with its fandom. Oh, and that moment when you are reading a book and you say to yourself, "Yes. Yes! That's me!! Get out of my head!" There is a section of the book titled "Don't Ask Don't Tell."



And what are you reading this week, Saucy Readers?

Comments

You Might Want to Read...

Black Dagger Brotherhood: Scenes That Left us Begging for More

A Tribute to The Fiery Cross

When The Music's Over

Dani Mega O'Malley: Superstar

Review: Annihilation (Book and Movie)