Quote of the Day


He looked at me as if he could smell my arousal. My mind was racing as I lay there, trapped in his sights...a helpless deer in the scope. I'd already told him to take me, not in words, but certainly in body language. Was I meant to beg? When I couldn't take it anymore, I rolled over away from him. I reached over and turned off the bedside lamp and shut my eyes. "Good night."

Why had I just done that? Well, because I'd practically said,
Please fuck me, and he didn't.

"Good Night," Danny said softly from behind me.

I felt him move around, rolling away from me too, I suppose. I wanted to die. He'd allowed me to expose my want for him and then done nothing? What the hell was I blaming him for? He tried to pay me a lovely compliment, and my dirty-dirty need tried to twist that into something he never meant it to be.


~Ethan Day, As You Are


Comments

  1. Thanks for the Quote-plug, Amanda!!! : )

    Ethan

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of my favorite books; thanks so much for posting the quote.

    Andrea

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

You Might Want to Read...

Black Dagger Brotherhood: Scenes That Left us Begging for More

A Tribute to The Fiery Cross

When The Music's Over

Dani Mega O'Malley: Superstar

Review: Annihilation (Book and Movie)