What the Wenches Are Reading

Some lighter fare, a few old favorites, and a bit of indecision make up our reading list this week. Click through to see what were reading, and share what you're reading on any of our social media platforms. Seriously, Saucy Readers, we need suggestions! 



Anne: I am undecided on what to read next...I can’t seem to settle on anything. In the audio world, I’m actually listening to two things. I’ve been listening to Zodiac by Robert Graysmith at work and at home (aka when here’s WiFi available, since it’s a streaming only book on Audible) and Dead Wake: The Last Crossing of the Lusitania by Erik Larson in the car. Both non-fiction, both very enjoyable.

Barb: I finished Halfway to the Grave and moved right on to One Foot In The Grave, my very favorite Night Huntress book. Bones hasn't found Cat The Idiot yet, but it'll be soon. 

Donna: I left my heart in Westeros, so I'm currently reading A Feast for Crows, the fourth installment in George R.R. Martin's epic Song of Ice and Fire.

Kathi: This week I finished Three Wishes, which was intended to be light and fluffy reading while I wrote a review for a dark and difficult book. I enjoyed it well enough, but this genre is not my usual taste, and after three Liane Moriarty books in as many months, I’ll probably take a break from whiny yuppies and seek another type of fluff the next time I’m recovering from dystopian fare or news headlines. Right now, I’m binge watching the final season of Orphan Black and blissfully mainlining the first new Outlander episode on autoloop, plus worrying about family and friends in the paths of hurricanes and forest fires. I’m not sure what reading mood I’ll be in when I can tear my eyes away from The Weather Channel, but I’ve got a lot of recent additions to my TBR list to choose from. 

Merit: I’ve read Cartes Postales from Greece by Victoria Hislop. As always with her stories, I feel like a thread of dreamy atmosphere is all over the book. Beautiful postcards and a diary tell us short stories about Greece, its people places and culture; will it also amount to a romance? This lovely romance made me want to visit Greece again.

Shau: Since it’s been pretty busy at work I’m still reading Fire and Ice Trilogy by K.F. Breene. I’m still on the first book, Born in Fire. Hopefully I’ll have more progress this week.

Zee:  I’ve been in a bit of a reading funk, so when all else fails back to Austen with me. I was rereading Persuasion, my fave, and then figured I’d also read my one exception to Austen retellings, Amanda Granger’s Captain Wentworth’s Diary. I do love Wentworth. And Anne. 

Comments

You Might Want to Read...

Black Dagger Brotherhood: Scenes That Left us Begging for More

A Tribute to The Fiery Cross

When The Music's Over

Dani Mega O'Malley: Superstar

Review: Annihilation (Book and Movie)