What the Wenches are Reading


It seems to be a week of experimentation and waiting for the Wenches. A few of us have been trying new books, and some of us are waiting for new releases or new seasons of our favorite TV shows to come back on air! Hiatus time sucks! Reading helps make the wait a tiny bit better, doesn't it? Romance, Mystery, Urban Fantasy, we've been reading it all! Let us know what you've been up to in the comments below!

Click through to see what we've been reading! 



Angela: Lucky me. I got to read and ARC of The Brightest Fell (October Daye #11) by Seanan McGuire. It was my favourite book in the series for some time, and such a great read. I loved seeing some old faces from previous books.

Anne: I got sucked into a Supernatural fanfiction this week. So, I’m working on that. In the audio world, I finished Voyager, just in time for the season 3 premiere. I started Truly Madly Guilty by Liane Moriarty, but I was just not feeling it. So, instead, I went in the exact opposite direction and started Zodiac by Robert Graysmith. I’m fascinated by this case.

Barb: I'm still reading Halfway to the Grave and LOVING it. It's interesting to read something that was instrumental on my Urban Fantasy path, six years after the first time. While I've grown quite a bit since then, and I'm a little less understanding about Cat's prejudices this time around, I still think it's one of the best PNR series around, and remarkable for being JF's first novel. It's good to be back in Bones's world.

Kathi: I needed something low stress this week, to cleanse my palate while I worked on a review of the last, high-anxiety book I read. So I picked up another Liane Moriarty book, Three Wishes. It’s serving its purpose well enough, but I’m not entirely sure I like any of the characters. We shall see; I expect it to win me over before it’s done. I also binge-watched a 6-episode TV series called Loch Ness that was verra good.  

Merit: I’ve started reading Atheists Who Kneel and Pray by Tarryn Fisher. Tarryn Fisher has her own writing style: intelligent, subtle, and all consuming. I have read only a few chapters so far, and I can feel the beginning of the emotional roller-coaster that is coming. I’ve also been rereading parts of Voyager, waiting for Outlander season 3 to begin.

Shau: I’ve got my hands on a new series by K.F. Breene Fire and Ice Trilogy so I’ll be starting these. *fingers crossed* they are good!

Zee: I've been having a slow reading week, once again. I really wanted another contemporary romance after The Chocolate Thief, a lot of people on twitter were talking about Farrah Rochon's The Rebound Guy. And since it was free on amazon for a while I got it! I quite enjoyed it, and might be reading more of her stuff as soon as I can get my hands on it.  

Comments

You Might Want to Read...

Black Dagger Brotherhood: Scenes That Left us Begging for More

A Tribute to The Fiery Cross

When The Music's Over

Dani Mega O'Malley: Superstar

Review: Annihilation (Book and Movie)