What the Wenches Are Reading





Click through to see what we're reading this week! 






Angela: This week I finished Red Seas Under Red Skies (Gentleman Bastards #2) by Scott Lynch. I thought it wasn’t as good as the first book in the series, The Lies of Locke Lamora, while there was enough to hold my interest to read the next book. I felt like the book suffered from having a really strong first half, a bloated second half, and a rushed ending. Kind of left me a little bit dissatisfied and feeling that the book could have been more concise. 

Anne:  I still haven’t decided on anything to read. I think I’m still suffering a book hangover from the Hidden Legacy series. In the audio world, I’m still listening to Harry whine and rage his way through Order of the Phoenix.  

Barb: I'm still actively reading Blood In The Water and Queen Sugar, but I got distracted over the weekend by superb Alisha Rai smut. Zee shared with me her ARC of the upcoming Hate To Want You, so I decided to take a peek. Well, that peek turned into a binge and I devoured it. I'm not even sorry. It was terrific, so I can't wait for you all to read it!

Kathi: This week I read Villa Incognito for a bit of whimsical anarchy. Plus it was the fifth book on my Goodreads TBR list, which satisfied a requirement for the Saucy Wenches reading challenge, and one of the only Tom Robbins books I hadn’t already read. Real life makes me want to keep my reading fairly light, but I’m having trouble becoming fully engaged and staying focused on anything. I’ve been looking through the assortment of books I’ve accumulated in my TBR for some that aren’t too demanding, yet have appealing plots and characters and maybe help with my reading challenge. I started with Investigating the Heart, romantic suspense by a local author and member of the local Outlander fan group. 

Merit: As it happened, I read this week 2 books where both heroines had mismatched eyes. One book is Charcoal Tears (Seraph Black #1) by Jane Washington, who is a young (24) Australian author. The second book is Keystone (Crossbreed #1) by Dannika Dark. Both books are in the realm of fantasy: the first book genre is more YA fantasy (I've read that the next books in the series have mature stuff), the second is an urban fantasy. I've read many books with these basic plots, but again both authors are good in creating engaging characters and enough twists and turns to make these stories interesting and enjoyable.

Zee: I haven't read a lot this week. But whenever I had a chance I only wanted to read Courtney Milan. This time it was Proof by Seduction and Trial by Desire

Comments

You Might Want to Read...

Black Dagger Brotherhood: Scenes That Left us Begging for More

A Tribute to The Fiery Cross

When The Music's Over

Dani Mega O'Malley: Superstar

Review: Annihilation (Book and Movie)