What the Wenches Are Reading






Click through to see what we're reading this week! 







Angela:  Slower pace of reading this week after last week’s manic pace. This week I read P.S. I Love You by Cecelia Ahern. I needed a book written by an author when they were under 25 for a reading challenge. I have to say I liked the movie more, but the book did make me laugh numerous times. I’m now reading The Waking Fire (Draconis Memoria #1) by Anthony Ryan. Great mixture of fantasy and steampunk. 

Anne: I did a lot of reading and listening this week! I finished the first two Night Prince books and I'm just about done with the third. I also finished Bone Crossed and started Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets.

Barb: Finished Half-Blood Prince and moved right on to Deathly Hallows. I actually finished Half-Blood Prince and just sat in stunned silence for a bit because it is so spectacular that I still don't know what to say about it. I read it the first time over ten years ago and after all this time I still don't know what to say about it. It's perfect. It's riveting. The reveals are stunning. The clues are jaw-dropping. J.K. Rowling is an utter genius. 

Donna:  I’m still reading Claire North’s Touch, the story of Kepler, a person who is able to transfer his consciousness from host to host by a simple touch. Sometimes he negotiates with the host for a longer stay and sometimes it’s just a few moments with a random stranger. Although he doesn’t seek to do harm, there are others with the same ability that have darker motivations. 

Kathi: I finished Big Little Lies in a marathon reading session during cross-country flights, and I really enjoyed it. The ending was a bit different than the HBO series, but I can't decide which I prefer. Next up is a reread of the last few CLV books in preparation for Blade Bound. I hear Dark Debt calling my name.

Merit:  I needed some light read after The Lions of Al-Rassan powerful story, and just found it. A highly entertaining book called Born in Fire by K.F. Breene. This is the first book in Fire and Ice Trilogy. There is a great lead character here that is a kickass, snarky and smart.  A good plot featuring vampires, shifters and more supernatural characters.The story takes place in New Orleans, somehow I found it a bit funny.

Comments

You Might Want to Read...

Black Dagger Brotherhood: Scenes That Left us Begging for More

A Tribute to The Fiery Cross

When The Music's Over

Dani Mega O'Malley: Superstar

Review: Annihilation (Book and Movie)