Quote of the Day

"Where would I find Luc?"
"Please?"
"Please what?"
Ethan rolled his eyes. "That was your cue to show some respect to your employer."
"And you're suggesting that's you?"
In response, he lifted a single brow higher.
"The thing is," I pointed out, "Since I've got the

responsibility of ensuring the safety of the House,
I've got some authority over you, too."
Ethan uncrossed his arms and put his hands on his hips. The posture was vaguely threatening, his tone only slightly less so. "Only if I was to act in a way that threatens the House. And I won't."
"But that's my determination to make, isn't it?"
He just stared at me. "Are you always this obstreperous?"
"I'm not obstreperous. Stubborn, arguably. And don't start in that I was causing trouble. I was only asking a question."
"You start causing trouble the minute you awaken. Case in point-you're late."
"And that brings us back full circle. Now where's Luc?" He lifted both brows, and I sighed. "God, you call me stubborn. Please, Sullivan, where's Luc?"

Some Girls Bite (Chicagoland Vampires#1)  Chloe Neill

Comments

You Might Want to Read...

Black Dagger Brotherhood: Scenes That Left us Begging for More

A Tribute to The Fiery Cross

When The Music's Over

Dani Mega O'Malley: Superstar

Review: Annihilation (Book and Movie)