What The Wenches Are Reading

As demanding as our real lives are, most of the Wenches do try to take some time for ourselves by dipping into our much-more-intriguing book lives. Even though those lives are often more dangerous than our everyday ones. This week we're partaking in adventures both old and new, and relishing every second of them. Angels, Vampires, FBI agents, and Scots from the past, it's all just another day in our favorite worlds for us!

Click through to see what we've been up to this week!





Amanda:  I am reading Archangel's Legion by Nalini Singh. It's been slow going due to real life, but I'm about to pick up the pace!

Angela: Up this week was Ashes of Honor (October Daye #6) by Seanan McGuire. What can I say, but that this series just gets better and better. The ending was simply perfect. If you want to read an Urban Fantasy book with a kickass heroine and fantastic, interesting side characters, then I can't recommend this series enough. I've cleared my plate, so up next is Drums of Autumn (Outlander #4) by Diana Gabaldon. I'm ready!!!!!!!

Anne: I didn't have much time for reading this week. I had a couple family events, and the rest of my time has been spent cleaning my house for the impending arrival of my in-laws tomorrow!

Barbara: I started the week with Halfway to the Grave, but quickly got distracted by some delicious smut that Wench Care recommended. I read all three novellas in the Apprivoisé series by Arden Aoide. I really liked the first one, Dishabille, mostly because it was incredibly hot. The story required some suspension of disbelief, but that was fine with me. The second story, Morphoses, was fine but not my favorite. The third story, Force Majeure, was fascinating. Again, the development of the relationship required the reader to just go with it, but seeing inside Jeff's mind was absolutely fascinating. Today I am back to HTTG and LOVING it. I just adore this series, it's author, and every single character, including my number-one hero, Bones. Perfection.

Care: Still making my way through a grand reread of Cut & Run — I'm in the middle of emotional turmoil in Touch & Geaux, and have had nowhere near the proper amount of respect for my mornings. But between small-person sports, watching Once Upon A Time, and reading? I'm busier than it sounds — honest!

Kat: This week I'll be continuing my read of the Psy-Changeling series and will be reading Tangle of Need (#11). Very excited!!

Kathi: I allowed myself to reread the book Outlander (or at least most of Outlander — I tend to stop at a certain point, and if you're a fan you know what that point is, unless I intend to keep reading the rest of the books right away). I was writing a review for another book and didn't want to overtax my limited number of brain cells by trying to start a new book. In the light of several recent Outlander TV series casting announcements and the first (separate) photos of Jamie and Claire from the set, it was not just a wonderful treat for me, it was also "research", since I'm trying to picture these new faces as I read. Just preparing to properly appreciate the show, ya ken?

Merit: Not much this week. I'm reading Archangel's Legion by Nalini Singh. Due to lack of free time it is going very slowly. Well, what I can say is it's Nalini Singh at her best. Good action, interesting plot, well-done side characters, and steamy scenes — everything you need in a good Urban Fantasy book.

Veronica: I didn't read much this week; I was in a TV mood, I guess. In the spirit of Halloween, I caught up on my DVRed episodes of American Horror Story, Season TWO. Yep, I was that far behind. Delightfully bizarre and creepy, as always.

Zee: I haven't had a lot of time to read. I am dying to read Rusted Veins by Jaye Wells, which magically appeared on my e-reader the other day. (I love pre-ordering!) I also picked up a book from my early teens that I haven't read since then, An Inspector Calls by J.B. Priestly. The play still made just as much impact on me as it did back then. So good. I also started the Apprivoisé series that Barb recommended. I did find myself rolling my eyes at the rushed relationship, condomless sex with a stranger, and the fact that they paired a beginner Dom with a beginner Sub (such a big no no) in the first book. BUT, Barb was right, and the sex was CRAZY hot. I even found the guy Alex to be a little sweet sometimes, which was nice. Thinking of saving these books for a time when I'm in the mood for good smut, though.

Comments

You Might Want to Read...

Black Dagger Brotherhood: Scenes That Left us Begging for More

A Tribute to The Fiery Cross

When The Music's Over

Dani Mega O'Malley: Superstar

Review: Annihilation (Book and Movie)