What the Wenches Are Reading




Click through to see what we're reading this week! 





Angela: No change from last week. I'm reading Return of the Crimson Guard (Malazan Empire #2) by Ian Esslemont. I'm hoping to finish the book over the Easter break

Anne: I'm catching up on some fanfictions that were recently completed. And, on my commute, I'm listening to The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah. The narrator isn't great, but the story is!

Barb: I finished Hurts To Love You by Alsiha Rai, which released today! Happy Book Birthday! It's fantastic, I highly recommend picking it up today, especially if you are looking for a great romance with heart and depth and a great family saga weaving through it all. Look for a review Thursday. Next I picked up Alyssa Cole's A Princess In Theory, which is about a month old now. It is an absolutely wonderful modern fairy tale with an African twist. It's sexy, funny, and beautifully written. Look for a review soon! Now I'm scrolling through my bazillion waiting books trying to figure out what to read next. I just have no idea what I'm in the mood for. Any suggestions? 

Kathi: I finished High Voltage and had to just marinate in the feels for a while. What an absolutely perfect but completely unexpected ending! I am in awe! Then I read Forbidden Stranger (The Protector #3), which released on the same day as HV, before I forgot what happened in the first two books. It wasn’t an amazing series, something was missing for me, but I needed to see the characters get their HEA. On TV, I polished off season two of The Santa Clarita Diet in two nights—only because I forced myself not to slurp it all up in one sitting! Delish!

Merit: I just finished The Dark Calling, (The Arcana Chronicles #5) by Kresley Cole and wow! This series is an emotional roller coaster. Our Evie is in for a lot of troubles, her world is on edge, a new powerful enemy is rising, she is in for heartaches , difficult decisions and some startling news that will shake her world. I read it in one sitting and the story made me happy, sad and angry all together.

Zee: Haven't had a lot of time to read. But I did start Ashwin today. It's a spin off of Kit Rocha's Beyond series. So I definitely didn't expect to like Ashwin as a character but dammit. I do. And Kit Rocha had a way of writing leaders that I absolutely love. Gideon is as compelling as Dallas, just in a different way. Fascinating stuff.

Comments

You Might Want to Read...

Black Dagger Brotherhood: Scenes That Left us Begging for More

A Tribute to The Fiery Cross

When The Music's Over

Dani Mega O'Malley: Superstar

Review: Annihilation (Book and Movie)