What the Wenches Are Reading





Click through to see what we're reading this week! 






Angela: I'm still on Return of the Crimson Guard (Malazan Empire #2) by Ian Esselmont and I'm enjoying the book the more I go on.

Anne: I went back to Faefever where I left off, after High Voltage, but it's just not holding my interest right now. High Voltage was so great, I think I need to go to something totally different to get over it. I went back to work last week, so I'm listening to Felicia Day's book, You're Never Weird on the Internet (Almost). She narrates it herself and it is absolutely delightful. I highly recommend it.

Barb: After finishing High Voltage I needed something completely different to stave off the book hangover, so after finishing Sinner (which I told you about here) I picked up my ARC of Hurts To Love You by Alisha Rai. I'm not quite finished with it, but it is fantastic. It's no wonder that Zee and I are total Alisha Rai fangirls. Look for a review soon! 

Donna: I just finished High Voltage. I was pretty surprised by some things, but I think it had a great ending.

Kathi: I’m 2/3 through High Voltage! I wish there were more hours in a day to read… I also got hooked on HBO’s Here and Now. It’s relentlessly, aggressively progressive and darkly humorous without being too ridiculous (like Portlandia, IMHO). It’s also comfort viewing to this Portland resident, and identifying the local settings is half the fun.

Merit: I’m reading Flame in the Mist by Renee Ahdieh. A lovely fantasy set in feudal Japan. Samurai, magical forest, smart but odd protagonist named Mariko. She is smart and inventive, doesn’t relay on others. There’s also touch of romance in the story. Lovely read.

Zee: I finished Kit Rocha's Beyond series and phew. That last installment had me sweating there for a second. I laughed, I cried, I cheered. It wasn't one of those everything neatly tied with a bow endings, but it wouldn't have been this series if it had been.

Comments

You Might Want to Read...

Black Dagger Brotherhood: Scenes That Left us Begging for More

A Tribute to The Fiery Cross

When The Music's Over

Dani Mega O'Malley: Superstar

Review: Annihilation (Book and Movie)