What the Wenches Are Reading

Source



Some light and fluffy romance, an epic saga, next installments in Wench favorites, and possibly some thought-provoking non-fiction are on our reading lists this week. Click through to see who's reading what, and share your picks in the comments below.




Amanda:  I am still on The King by J.R. Ward. It's pretty good! 

Angela: This week I read The Grace Valley Trilogy by Robyn Carr. I needed something that was light reading, after finishing A Breath of Snow and Ashes and this books was perfect. Don't tell me, I know I'm meant to be reading Frostbite by Richelle Mead for Book of the Month and The Book Thief with a friend. I'll get there. Just maybe a little bit into May.

Anne: I'm currently in the middle of a Supernatural fanfiction, but when I'm done with that, I'm going to finally, finally read Abigail Roux's The Gravedigger's Brawl. I can't wait!

Barb: There hasn't been much reading for me this week. I started Frost Burned (Mercy Thompson # 7) this weekend, but with the beautiful weather there were distractions that kept me from getting very far. I also downloaded President Jimmy Carter's latest book, A Call to Action: Women, Religion, Violence, and Power. His recent visit to The Daily Show piqued my interest in this book and I'm looking forward to starting it.

Beta: All my reading plans for the week and weekend didn't go as planned so I haven't read as much as I've wanted to. Hopefully I'll be able to read more this week.

Donna: I'm reading A Breath of Snow and Ashes by Diana Gabaldon. I guess I'm about a third of the way through (which means I've read a pretty good chunk). It's been a while since I've read this, and I keep thinking "but when is ___ and ___ going to happen?" There's lots of exciting stuff on the horizon.
 
Kathi: I’m finishing up my reread of A Breath of Snow and Ashes, and wow. Just wow. In the far-too-little time I haven’t been working this week, I’ve hardly been able to put this book down long enough to eat or sleep. What a wild ride! And I thought the later books weren’t emotional rollercoasters like the first ones. I stand corrected.
 
Merit: After last week’s emotional wringer book, I looked for something on the lighter side. I found Love in English by Karina Halle. A romantic story, just what I needed. What’s not to love about a Spanish hot ex-football player and an unconventional love story? I also read Unbeautifully, the second installment in Madeline Sheehan's Undeniable series, if you love bad bikers /MC stories, their gritty dirty life, constant turmoil, a lot of  F words, hot and steamy sex, and of course angst/crazy love story, this is a series for you.

Comments

You Might Want to Read...

Black Dagger Brotherhood: Scenes That Left us Begging for More

A Tribute to The Fiery Cross

When The Music's Over

Dani Mega O'Malley: Superstar

Review: Annihilation (Book and Movie)