What the Wenches are Reading



It seems like this week some of the Wenches are all about rereading a few old favorites. And some of us might be a little distracted because of that pesky thing called Real Life. (Or maybe an addictive game!) But there are a couple of new releases we’ve been waiting for, and some books from our TBR lists we’ve finally gotten around to!

Click through to see what we’ve been up to this week! And let us know what you’ve been reading, and whether or not we might be rendezvousing in the same fictional universe! 







Amanda: Technically, I am still in the middle of A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin, but I haven’t read a thing all week. Why you ask? Because I discovered a blasted game called Candy Crush Saga! Ack!! Now...back to my game.

Anne: This week, I read Warrior’s Cross by Abigail Roux and Madeleine Urban. And then, because I couldn’t pull myself away from that world, I took a page out of Kat’s book and started the Cut & Run series all over again. I think I might be obsessed....

Angela:  I’m on a The Hollows roll. Finished Black Magic Sanction (The Hollows/Rachel Morgan #8) and now on to Pale Demon (The Hollows/Rachel Morgan #9). This series has me totally hooked. Three books to go and I will be up to date. It is the best series find of 2013 for me so far.

Barbara: After finishing Entwined with You, I had trouble finding something that would hold my interest. I tried continuing a series I had already started, which didn’t work. Then I tried revisiting the last two books in a favorite series, both of which have been shouting at me to reread. Still nothing. Then our Wenchy friend, Ba, reminded me that Gabriel’s Inferno was on my TBR list, so I took a chance. Now, after finishing it, I’m not sure how I feel about the book. I know that I don’t like the heroine, who is much too weak for my U/F-heavy tastes. But the character study is fascinating, so I’ll probably be reading on to see how these two characters heal themselves and each other.

Kathi: I’m close to finishing And the Mountains Echoed and enjoying it very much, whenever I can sneak a few minutes away from Real Life.

Merit: I read a novella by Jeaniene Frost called Night’s Darkest Embrace. The story first appeared in the anthology Haunted by Your Touch (2010), and now it is published as a standalone story. No vampires this time, but demons, fallen angels, and a dark (literally) world called Nocturna. The story was far enough from the fabulous Night Huntress world to intrigue me. It is fast paced, and the romance is hot. The only thing is that, although I enjoyed this story, it was not enough—I want more story, developments, and romance. I would love it if Jeaniene Frost decided to develop this short story into a series. It has such a potential.

Natalie: Well it looks like I’m going to finish Outlander in time to start Dragonfly in Amber this week. I would not say this is my all-time-favorite series yet, but I’m slowly getting into it. I might not get a lot of reading done this week, as I’m still on the job hunt and have several followups to do. And I also want to get some writing done myself.

Zee: I have had a busy couple of weeks! Just started rereading an old fave, Red Dragon by Thomas Harris. And I’m itching to read the new Shayla Black Wicked Lovers novel, Ours To Love! Head Wench Barb’s review of Entwined With You actually made me add that to my week’s TBR list, too!


Comments

You Might Want to Read...

Black Dagger Brotherhood: Scenes That Left us Begging for More

A Tribute to The Fiery Cross

When The Music's Over

Dani Mega O'Malley: Superstar

Review: Annihilation (Book and Movie)