What the Wenches Are Reading

 Finishing and continuing Richelle Mead's Bloodlines series, starting Darynda Jones's Charley Davidson series, waiting impatiently for Diana Gabaldon's next Outlander book, expanding our minds with a couple of non-fiction titles, eagerly waiting for a new Abigail Roux, discovering the brilliance of Stephen King, and reveling in George RR Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire. That's how we're spending our reading time this week. 

How are you spending your reading time this week? Share your adventures in the comments below!



Amanda: I'm in Westeros with A Song of Ice and Fire series! So, happy to be back home! Still tandem reading A Feast for Crows and A Dance with Dragons.

Angela:  I finished 11/22/63 by Stephen King and I liked it a lot more than I thought I would. I'm actually considering reading more of his work. Not his horrors though, as that genre just doesn't work for me, but some of his fantasy books.

Anne: I'm still slowly working my way through Gravedigger's Brawl again. But, I'm eagerly anticipating Cross & Crown this weekend! I need my Nickels fix!

Barb: I'm still working on The Indigo Spell. Sometimes I love second reads even better than...okay that's a step too far...just as much as first reads, because I get to see all of the small details I missed the first that are pointing the way. This book is fantastic, I adore this series, and Sydrian are right up there with my favorite couples. Have you added Bloodlines to your TBR yet???

Beta: Sorry, but I've got nothing. I'm being the worst reader lately. Work, my kids, gardening, trying to work on blog posts, house work, baby sitting this weekend, etc are really taking up reading time and the rest of my time I'm just too tired to read. I hope you guys won't kick me out of the book club *puts on her smile and puppy eyes*

Care: This week has been terribly slow for me, reading wise.  I'm looking forward to Cross & Crown, and to getting back into Kate Kane, but for now, I've been making my way through Taking Charge of ADHD by Dr. Russell Barkley.  Mercifully, it has been an intense help, and even though I haven't gotten to the 'practical application' section of the book yet, I already love this book as a resource!

Kathi: This week I took advantage of some free time before MOBY releases to start a couple of standalone books. I grew up in the South and moved away years ago, but still have my roots and lots of family there, and I am deeply confused about what’s happening down there today. So I was intrigued by Barb’s review of The New Mind of the South, and I started reading that. Some of the subject matter is disturbing (horrifying, maddening) enough that I can read only short sections in one sitting and then must take some time to process it. So I’m balancing it with Tom Robbins’s delightfully whimsical Tibetan Peach Pie, full of autobiographical vignettes. Robbins is one of my very favorite authors from my youth—a counterculture icon who captures the zany world we live in with panache, audacity, and wit.

Merit: Enjoying the Outlander series again this week. I went through the stones again. rereading Drums of Aוtumn and The Fiery Cross. I fell in love with Jamie and Claire all over again, I fell in love with the story again, with all the characters, with the scenery, the history. Oh well, I am in love all over again.

Natalie: So as much as I would love to report that this week I got all of my TBR cleared, I sadly did not.  In fact I barely got one or two chapters read in Possession by JR Ward that I started last weekend.  As I'm trying to write this early, Saturday Night, I hope that by the time this goes live to all our readers I may have finished it.  However not much reading will be done this coming week, I have OT like crazy and I normally work then crash when that happens.  I hope others can read for me this week!  Happy reading to our Wenchy followers!

Zee: After finishing The Fiery Heart, I jumped into the Charley Davidson series since it was so highly recommended! I had a tiny bit of a hard time getting past some problematic stuff but so far Charley is pretty effing hilarious.

Comments

You Might Want to Read...

Black Dagger Brotherhood: Scenes That Left us Begging for More

A Tribute to The Fiery Cross

When The Music's Over

Dani Mega O'Malley: Superstar

Review: Annihilation (Book and Movie)