What the Wenches Are Reading




Click through to see what we're reading this week! 





Angela: This week I finished The Bear and the Nightingale (Winternight Trilogy #1) by Katherine Arden. It was really enjoyable story based on Russian folklore. I’m looking forward to carrying on with the series.

Anne: I took a brief interlude to read an update to one of my favorite Supernatural fanfictions. And, now I'm into Faefever. I may put that down to reread Feversong real quick. I haven't decided yet.

Barb: I finished Feversong, which was absolutely spectacular. I closed the book with this feeling that everything was in the right place and a sense of awe at the world, at KMM's vision, and gratitude to whatever put these books in my path. Now I'm all ready for High Voltage next week. In the meantime I'm reading A Wrinkle In Time in anticipation of the movie release on March 9, something I'm barely containing my excitement for. I'll be telling you about it soon. And I'm also reading Voodoo Season by Jewell Parker Rhodes, a New Orleans themed novel I picked up for Mardi Gras and am just now getting to. 

Donna: I didn’t have much time to read this week, only managing two chapters of A Feast For Crows by George R. R. Martin. Sidebar: my kids have started binge watching Game of Thrones, and it’s extremely satisfying knowing how some of those nasty characters get their just rewards.

Kathi: This week I was traveling and didn’t have much time to read. I did finish reading our February book of the month, Dangerous Promise, and just barely got started on book 2, Wicked Attraction. I’m also hoping to do a quick reread of Feversong before High Voltage releases next week.  

Merit: I’m reading the Covenant series by Jennifer L. Amentrout. A sassy, kick-ass heroine, swoon-worthy forbidden love, Greek mythology, and an action-packed, well written story. At first I was amazed by the similarity between this story and Vampire Academy, the heroine lives in a school just like Rose from VA. There are castes in this world: the privileged pure bloods and the half bloods, instructors, special connections. The books even open in a (kind of) similar episode and there is much more, but then the story became so good that I stopped thinking about it. The plot is stirring and delightful, a lot of drama, suspense, and anxiety. I’m currently on book 4 (out of 5 books), BUT, I can’t shake off the similarity to VA.

Zee: I haven't been reading much. Busy week. And I'm also delaying finishing the Beyond series as much as possible. So I read a chapter and then put my kindle away. I keep wondering what I can read next.

Comments

You Might Want to Read...

Black Dagger Brotherhood: Scenes That Left us Begging for More

A Tribute to The Fiery Cross

When The Music's Over

Dani Mega O'Malley: Superstar

Review: Annihilation (Book and Movie)