What the Wenches Are Reading





Angela: This week I’ve been reading Blood Song (Raven’s Shadow #1) by Anthony Ryan. So, far it’s an okay read, but I liked his Draconis Memoria series more.

Anne: I decided to go back to the beginning and read Darkfever in anticipation of High Voltage. There’s so much I’m seeing now that became relevant in Feversong. Karen Marie Moning really is a master. When I’m done with that I’ve got an ARC to read. It’s called The Broken Girls by Simone St. James. I’m looking forward to it!

Barb: I'm still reading Feverborn and savoring every page. 

Kathi: This week I read Shadows, another romantic thriller by Lisa Clark O’Neill. I love her laid-back, comfy style and characters, and it felt good to be back with them. This was book 2 of the Dahlonega spinoff of her Southern Comfort series (read my review here), and I especially loved that it’s set in a little northern Georgia town I’m familiar with that rarely gets the spotlight. This book revisited characters we met in Avarice, book 2 of the Southern Comfort Prequel spinoff. It’s too bad I’m all caught up on these series. I might have to start rereading them. On TV, I took a peek at a couple of episodes of Netflix’s Altered Carbon because I was too curious to wait until I’d finished my Twin Peaks rewatch. Interesting show, very glitzily produced, and compelling story so far. So many wonderful sci-fi options to watch right now! 

Merit: I am reading Witch's Reign (Desert Cursed Series Book 1) by Shannon Mayer. I started reading it only because I really liked the the book cover and found myself enjoying a fast paced story full of magic, shape shifters, dragons, jinn and one small brave heroine with a very big heart. 

Zee: I finished Woman in the Window this past week and really enjoyed it! I am now back to Kit Rocha's Beyond series. Still enjoying it. And STILL wondering why no one ever told me her spin off series was about hot, holy bikers!!! THAT'S SO MY THING! I'm reading Zan and Tatiana's book, Beyond Possession.

Comments

You Might Want to Read...

Black Dagger Brotherhood: Scenes That Left us Begging for More

A Tribute to The Fiery Cross

When The Music's Over

Dani Mega O'Malley: Superstar

Review: Annihilation (Book and Movie)