What the Wenches Are Reading




With one exception, every Wench is reading one of our two favorites, Fever or Chicagoland Vampires! Click through to see what Angela is reading, and what we're thinking about Feversong and Phantom Kiss




Angela: I’m reading Chains of the Heretic (Bloodsounder’s Arc #3) by Jeff Salyards. It’s the end of a wonderful trilogy, and I can’t wait to read more by Salyards in the future. Well the first half of the book did feel a little ponderous, but it’s really come into its own in the last half. Well worth checking out for lovers of fantasy.

Anne: I think you can guess what I’m reading this week. It’s Feversong, of course!! After five days in New Orleans with the Wenches to celebrate its release, is there really any other option? Life, and dread that it’s coming to an end, is making me read it a little more slowly than I’d like. But, I’m more than halfway through it now. I’m also just about done listening to Big Little Lies, which I am loving, and now I am even more excited for the mini-series. Alexander Skarsgard is going to be fucking amazing in this, I can feel it. After this, I’m diving into American Gods, also in anticipation of the TV series. I’ve actually got a personal connection to the series. A friend from college is playing Biliquis!

Barb: While in New Orleans I had a hard time calming my brain enough to focus on the new Feversong, so I kept on with my Feverborn reread, which has been sublime. When I got home and got some sleep I was ready to tackle Mac & Barrons's last chapter, so I put down last year's book and started Feversong. I have about 200 pages to go, and it's going slower than I would like, mostly because I have to pause every so often, close the book and just think about how brilliant and wise The Goddess Karen Marie Moning is. I mean, damn. 

Donna: I paused my Fever series re-read in order to start on my shiny new copy of Feversong that I picked up at the release party in NOLA! Okay - I finished it on the plane on the way home, but who could blame me? Loved it! I’ve got so many choices for my next read - I think I’ll start with Agatha Christie’s And Then There Were None.

Kathi: I finished rereading Burned and Feverborn, just in time to attend the Feversong release party in NOLA with a few of the other Wenches! Really excited to finally read the new book, because KMM left Mac in a helluva pickle last year!! But I seem to have brought back a case of the #Feverfever that was going around, which has slowed down my reading considerably...but I’m loving every word! I will never cease to be amazed at how deftly Moning keeps turning my expectations upside down and leaving my mouth hanging open. 

Merit: I’m reading Feverborn, trying to read as slowly as possible. I don’t want the story to end, I want to go on and on reading the story.

Shau: This weekend I’ll start on the Phantom Kiss by Chloe Neill. Can’t wait for my Merit fix!!

Comments

You Might Want to Read...

Black Dagger Brotherhood: Scenes That Left us Begging for More

A Tribute to The Fiery Cross

When The Music's Over

Dani Mega O'Malley: Superstar

Review: Annihilation (Book and Movie)