What the Wenches the Reading




Click through to see what we're reading this week! 






Amanda: Since finishing Outlander, I am in that terribly indecisive phase of what to read next. I want to read Dragonfly in Amber, mainly to see what the big bad is. However, I also am considering taking a break from that series to read something different. Since it takes me so long to choose my next book, I should have started thinking about this months ago! 

Angela: Hardly anytime for reading this week. I've managed a couple more chapters of Fool Moon by Jim Butcher. Instead I have been binge watching Season 2 of How to get Away With Murder. It's winter here and just seems like the perfect time to catch up on some TV shows. 

Anne: I got distracted by a Supernatural fanfiction, so I started and finished that, then went back to Friday Night Bites. I also started the Feverborn audio book. I like this female narrator MUCH MUCH better than Natalie Ross. I'm undecided on the male narrator. I do like his Lor voice for sure, though. 

Barb: I finished the ARC of Keri Lake’s Backfire, which was so good and releases tomorrow! Then I reread The Paper Swan, my very favorite book of 2015. You’ll be glad to know that it is every bit as spectacular as it was last year. Now I’m on to Girl Through Glass by Sari Wilson, which I am actually reading on paper! I’m about a third of the way through it and I’m not sure how I feel yet; it’s interesting enough to keep my attention but I’m not dying to get back to it, so we’ll see. 

Donna: This week I started Modern Lovers, the brand-new release from Emma Straub. It’s  “a smart, highly entertaining novel about a tight-knit group of friends from college—their own kids now going to college—and what it means to finally grow up well after adulthood has set in.” This story is really resonating with me. The main characters are around my age, and I’m even seeing some similarities between some of their children and my own. Already, I’ve highlighted a number of profound quotes, including this gem:  “Why couldn't everyone stay young forever? If not on the outside, then just on the inside, where no one ever got too old to be optimistic.”   

Kathi: Noooo time to read most of the week, but I finally freed up enough time to finish The Space Between. With Paris in Outlander season 2 so fresh in my mind, the story just blew me away. So many reveals! I don’t know when Diana Gabaldon will find time to write the spinoff books that this story sets up (because, ahem, Outlander books 9 and 10), but I sure do look forward to them! Then I picked up Serendipity (Southern Comfort #1), a contemporary romance set in Savannah that I’ve been hearing great things about for a long time. So far, it’s saucy and hilarious, and I’m hooked!      


Comments

You Might Want to Read...

Black Dagger Brotherhood: Scenes That Left us Begging for More

A Tribute to The Fiery Cross

When The Music's Over

Dani Mega O'Malley: Superstar

Review: Annihilation (Book and Movie)