What the Wenches Are Reading





Click through to see what we're reading this week! 





Anne: I'm still catching up on the fanfictions I've been neglecting for Fever. I'm reading one now that's loosely based on Jurassic Park. In the audio world, I'm still on the Nightingale. It started out a little slow, but it's really picking up steam now. I'm fascinated by all of the novels written about World War 2. Why is this the most written about time period? There are hardly any novels based during World War 1 or the Vietnam War or really any other time period. Why this one?

Barb: When last we spoke I told you I didn't know what I was in the mood for. Turns out I was in the mood for smut. Filthy, dirty, sexy, smut. First I read a delightful modern pirate tale, Enslaved by the Ocean by Bella Jewel. It was such a good, sexy read, with a great cast of characters, and I really need more pirate romance in my life. So, if you have any suggestions... As I was looking for my next sexy read I came across a series that has intrigued me for ages, turning up on so many erotica and BDSM romance lists, but I never took the plunge. Until now. Since then I've flown through the first three books in the Masters of the Shadowlands series by Cherise Sinclair. The first two were sexy, frothy fun, in a pretty typical romance style, with a healthy dose of added kink. The third one added a wonderful main couple who work through some serious shit using dominance and submission to reach their kinky HEA. I'm looking forward to reading farther in this series, but first I have to pause for an ARC I just received for Keri Lake's latest Vigilantes book, Intrepid

Kathi: I tried to skim A Court of Thorns and Roses to refresh my memory for a post, and as soon as a certain someone showed up I became completely ensorcelled again. So now I’m on book two, A Court of Mist and Fury, and I am in heaven. This is the very best PNR book I’ve discovered in years, with the very finest new book boyfriend (who is even more delicious the second time around), and why aren’t more people I know reading it?!? I am going to savor every single moment of this book. On TV, the excellent season 1 of Counterpart came to an end, and the final season of The Americans began! Also, Jesus Christ Superstar, wow, I played that album to death in the 70s and still cannot resist singing along to every word!  

Merit: I’m reading the first book in Jennifer L. Armentrout's Dark Elements series, White Hot Kiss. A typical JLA story, a YA paranormal romance with a twist on the angels, who are gargoyles in this case, vs demons. The female protagonist falls in love with the bad boy. Of course, there is a love triangle. The girl finds that she has special powers, but she still inherently needs the help of a male character or two. Though the story is quite predictable, I enjoyed reading this lightweight, sweet tale.  

Shau: Elena Favilli Good Night Stories for Rebel Girls. The best book for kids today. I absolutely LOVE it so much that I bought it for all my friends' kids and our school library.

Comments

You Might Want to Read...

Black Dagger Brotherhood: Scenes That Left us Begging for More

A Tribute to The Fiery Cross

When The Music's Over

Dani Mega O'Malley: Superstar

Review: Annihilation (Book and Movie)