What The Wenches Are Reading




Click through to see what we're reading this week! 






Angela:  This week it was steampunk fantasy with the the second book in the Draconis Memoria series by Anthony Ryan, The Legion of Flame.  Once again Ryan convinced me why I should try to read more steampunk, as it looks like I do like some of it. I’ll try to stay largely with those that lean more towards fantasy though. My favourite part of this book was a new point of view that really helped to give the story a more rounded feel. I’m looking forward to the next book in the series, Empire of Ashes, due out in 2018. Check the book out, fantasy lovers.

Anne: I’m catching up on a few fanfictions that I’ve had my eye on. I don’t read works in progress, so I’ve been waiting for these to be completed so I can read them. In the audio world, I will be finished with The Hobbit by the time this is published. I’m not sure what I’m going to move on to next.

Barb: I'm still reading Grant. He finally took Vicksburg! I wonder what battle he wins next. I also read An Extraordinary Union by Alyssa Cole, which was fantabulous, and hopefully Zee will be reviewing very soon. 

Donna: I continued reading George R. R. Martin’s A Feast For Crows. I always find it interesting reading something after watching a television or film adaption because I view the characters as they have been depicted by the actors. In the case HBO’s A Game of Thrones, all the actors have done a stellar portrayal of their characters. I’ve been crazy busy at work this past week, but I did find time to get hooked on Animal Crossing Pocket Camp. If you’re playing too, feel free to add me: 04356011594.

Kathi: After I finished The Chimes, I picked up the complete opposite. For several months I’ve read complicated, speculative epics set in fantastical, alternative worlds described with lengthy, effusive verbiage. Now I’m reading The Dry, a murder mystery set in the Australian desert. The prose, like the landscape, is lean and sparse, crisp and to the point, perfect for the setting and the story. This book caught my eye because Reese Witherspoon optioned it for a screen adaptation, and I liked Wild and Big Little Lies. This is a darn good story. She has a great eye! As for TV, along with several viewings of Outlander (turtle soup!!), I finished watching Mindhunter and started Godless on Netflix.

Merit: I’m reading A Gathering of Shadows, Shades of Magic #2, by V.E. Schwab. Kell and Delila’s adventures continue and I’m impressed with this story.

Shau: I’ve been re-reading and finishing All Souls Trilogy by Deborah Harkness while waiting for the tv show. I’m on the last book now, The Book of Life, it’s going slowly because of life and stuff. It pisses me off when I can’t just read all day long.

Zee: I finished Alyssa Cole's A Hope Divided yesterday and have been kind of useless since then. I wanted so much more of Marlie and Ewan. It'll take me a while to shake them and move on to something new.

Comments

You Might Want to Read...

Black Dagger Brotherhood: Scenes That Left us Begging for More

A Tribute to The Fiery Cross

When The Music's Over

Dani Mega O'Malley: Superstar

Review: Annihilation (Book and Movie)