What the Wenches Are Reading





Click through to see what we're reading this week! 





Angela:  This week I read Ruin (The Faithful and the Fallen #3) by John Gwynne. It was so good. Fantasy that easily earned 5 stars from me. Don’t get attached to characters  though, Gwynne seems to enjoy doing a GRRM and killing characters off. Multi point of view fantasy is definitely a favourite of mine and I can’t wait to read the last book Wrath. This is one of the few series this year where I’ve wanted to read one book after the other.

Anne: I’m up to the last (available) Cut & Run/Sidewinder book in the series, Part & Parcel. I love these boys. And, by the time this publishes, I will have finished Origin. I’m moving on to classic and soon to be new movie, Murder on the Orient Express. Happy reading, Saucy Readers!

Barb: I am still reading Grant. But I have also spent some of my precious reading time rereading American Prince in anticipation of yesterday's release of the final installment in the Sierra Simone's New Camelot series, American King. Honestly, I can't wait to get to that, so we'll see which of these fabulous books captures my attention this coming week. 

Donna: Unfortunately, I’ve made very little progress on George R.R. Martin’s A Feast For Crows this week. You know, it’s that old “busy at work, family stuff” routine. I DO love that Shau is reading Robert Galbraith’s The Cuckoo’s Calling. Yaaasss!

Kathi: I finally finished Acceptance (Southern Reach #3). And my first reaction is "what in the world did I just read??" Book 1 was amazing, the imagery and creativity for the whole series were off the charts, but I couldn't explain what happened by the end if my life depended on it! Fortunately, it doesn't, so I'll continue to ponder. Now I've begun another book with an extremely creative world view called The Chimes. It has been on my list for a couple of years, and now it's a Saucy Wenches book of the month, so I'm diving in!

Merit: Book #3 in The Broken Earth trilogy by N. K. Jemisin, The Stone Sky. Unfortunately I don't have enough free time to enjoy the book, I read only a few chapters and I start to see the big picture here. What an incredible world, it's social structure, it's complex characters. Can't wait to continue reading this epic story.

Shau: Robert Galbraith The Cuckoo's Calling is still in my hands. Unfortunatelly, RL has slowed me down and I’m still reading this one. 

Zee: I haven't been reading much this week. Been spending some quality time with my parents. And since I'm not home I don't even have any of my usual Halloween must reads with me to revisit. Boo.

Comments

You Might Want to Read...

Black Dagger Brotherhood: Scenes That Left us Begging for More

A Tribute to The Fiery Cross

When The Music's Over

Dani Mega O'Malley: Superstar

Review: Annihilation (Book and Movie)