What the Wenches Are Reading





Click through to see what we're reading this week! 







Angela:  This week I read Northwest Angle (Cork O’Connor #11) by William Kent Krueger and it was amazing. I’ve completely fallen in love with this series, from Cork’s family to the side characters. The mystery is always intriguing and at times gut wrenching. Yet, it keeps me captivated. One of my favourite aspects of this book is that the O’Connor children are so grown up now, and it is wonderful to have their points of view in this book. Easily five stars. 

Anne: I'm reading book three of a fanfiction series. It's fairly good, but I'm too far into it to consider giving it up. I finished All the Light We Can Not See last week. It was good, but I don't think it was worthy of it's Pulitzer Prize. The Hobbit was an Audible daily deal last week. So, I'm starting that!

Barb: I am still reading Grant! But alternating that with Alyssa Cole's fabulous An Extraordinary Union, which I picked up on super sale and you should, too, while it's $2.99 on Nook and Kindle!

Donna: My read of A Feast For Crows (George R.R. Martin) is going slowly, I’m sorry to say. On Jon Snow’s orders, Sam and Gilly are travelling by ship to the Citadel, along with Maester Aemon and Dareon. Gilly is inconsolable, and Sam is clueless as to why. I’ve noticed the amount of time I’ve spent reading has really gone down since my iPad pooched out. I wonder if I should break down and get a new e-reader so I can read at night. Suggestions???

Kathi: I’m home from traveling and finally making progress with The Chimes again. I still can’t wrap my brain around a world where books have been burned and banned, and music has become both language and weapon, but I’m finally caught up in the story and anxious to find out how it ends. 

Merit: I’d started A Gathering of Shadows (Shades of Magic #2) and just begun to feel the tension there, when a new book popped up on my screen that looked kind of “delicious”: Recipes for Love and Murder (Tannie Maria Mystery #1) by Sally Andrew. A debut novel that perfectly combines mystery, tasty food, a lot of fun, and a dash of romance. My review for the book is in the oven now. I also had to reread a few parts of Diana Gabaldon’s Voyager after watching episode 10 of Outlander. 

Zee: I have started Alyssa Cole's A Hope Divided. Barely two chapters in and already loving it. Sigh. She's amazing.

Comments

You Might Want to Read...

Black Dagger Brotherhood: Scenes That Left us Begging for More

A Tribute to The Fiery Cross

When The Music's Over

Dani Mega O'Malley: Superstar

Review: Annihilation (Book and Movie)