What the Wenches Are Reading

Source


The holidays are officially upon us and the Wenches are working tirelessly to fit some reading into our busy schedules. Some of us have been more successful than others. Click through to see what we've managed to squeeze in, and give us some suggestions in the comments below!
 

 
Amanda:  I'm still reading Bloodfever because I haven't had much time to read lately! It's a reread, so I don't mind. 

Angela: This week I read Seduction by Amanda Quick and liked it. It was reread for me and just the mindless stuff I love around this time of year. I don't know why I can read Regency romances again and again. Just me I guess. Now I'm reading The Better Part of Darkness by Kelly Gay and I like it. A lot! Finally a UF book where the heroine is over 30, she has a kid, she is divorced and biggest OMG of all: her parents are still alive. I know you are all amazed as you read this. I was having a discussion on Goodreads a few weeks ago that there aren't enough older heroines in UF and this was recommended to me. So if you know any please recommend them to me in the comments.

Barb: I finished Wrong Ways Down, which is still pretty spectacular, but am not feeling terribly motivated to read anything else right now. I'm thinking this is a perfect time to indulge in some TV watching and knitting marathons.

Care: Holiday knitting means less time for reading, but that doesn't really stop me much.  Just slows me down a little.  This week I've been sitting in Narcissus in Chains from my Anita Blake reread, and that leaves me just one more in the readable end of the series.  Boo.  I'm also working on Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire after finishing the bedtime reading of Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban with my son.  Not too much, but hey, we're getting there.  

Donna: The only reading I've done this week is from the web and cookbooks. I've been looking for some vegan recipes because my son has decided to go the no meat or dairy route. As well, my daughter is now vegetarian. So far, we've picked up Oh She Glows by Angela Liddon and Thug Kitchen by Michelle Davis and Matt Holloway.

Kathi: I continued with book 2 of the funny and quirky Gardella Vampire Hunters series, Rises the Night. Holiday travels have commenced for me, and this series has been easy to follow, funny, and entertaining enough that I'm finding it a good companion for airports, long luggage lines, and frequent driving from house to house. Keeping my fingers crossed that the whole series is like this! 
  
Merit: This week found me laughing, I read The Housewife Assassin's Handbook (The Housewife Assassin #1) by Josie Brown. It was action-packed, sexy, and funny from start to finish. ”Every desperate housewife would love an alias…” Donna Stone is a widow, juggling household with 3 kids, a dog, and taking out terrorists and bad guys. Don’t take yourself or this reading too seriously and you’ll have a fun read on your hands. I really like the way she compares a housewife’s job to an assassin’s job.

Zee: I've been in a bit of a reading funk. The only thing I've been able to read before I sleep is Amanda Quick's regency romances. It's been going on for a while. I'm hoping to start the lovely surprise that showed up on my Kindle (thanks to Wench Barb and Jaye Wells!) this week!

Comments

You Might Want to Read...

Black Dagger Brotherhood: Scenes That Left us Begging for More

A Tribute to The Fiery Cross

When The Music's Over

Dani Mega O'Malley: Superstar

Review: Annihilation (Book and Movie)