What the Wenches are Reading

Source.

(Late) HAPPY THANKSGIVING, Saucy readers! We hope you've had a lovely long weekend.

The Wenches are always thankful for the books and authors that bring us together, and of course, the readers that share the joy of reading with us! We've done plenty of reading this week. Old favorites always make our lists, new releases by favorite authors, and of course getting around to books on our enormous TBR lists! (Is it just me? Or does that thing grow when we're not paying attention?)

Click through to see what we've been reading this week! And do let us know what world you've chosen to spend this past week in!





Amanda:  I finished Archangel's Shadows by Nalini Singh. I'm disappointed, but I don't think I will give up on the series yet. I also started The Mysteries of Pittsburgh by Michael Chabon, and I am really enjoying it! Reviews coming soon!

Angela:  This week I read The Prophet (Graveyard Queen) by Amanda Stevens and what can I say except it was really, really good. Oddly I liked The Kingdom more than this third installment and The Kingdom didn't even have the love interest in it at all!!! Also squeezed in Burn for Me by Ilona Andrews. I liked it and look forward to the rest of the series. Now onto The King of Thorns by Mark Lawrence. A real change of pace, with this dark fantasy and I can't wait to see how Jorg evolves.

Anne: Much to my dismay, I again didn't get much reading done. There was Thanksgiving, and then, my teacher husband has been off of school since Wednesday, so he expects me to talk to him and stuff. Which means no reading time. And, my poor boy has a cold and is cutting another tooth. That equals a very unhappy and clingy baby. I've been doing a lot of comforting and not a lot of reading. But, I am still listening to the Harry Potter books on my commute. I'm up to The Deathly Hallows.

Barb: I had a hard time getting into anything this week while I waited for my Nook app to return to me. I tried to reread City of Eternal Night to prep for the review I posted on Monday, but I was already mentally in Downside, so that just wasn't working for me. Fortunately! my Nook app showed back up on my tablet, and I've been wallowing in Unholy Ghosts like a pig in slop. That really is an amazing series that every UF reader should be reading, and I've been delighted and awed by some of the little foreshadowy bits that the brilliant Stacia Kane left behind. I plan to spend the next few weeks in Downside and am really looking forward to fitting in the new novellas along the way.

Care: It's THANKSGIVING WEEK - or, you know, just past it. I am ever so thankful for my ability to read, and took advantage of it by reading through Touch & Geaux (the rest of the way), then through Guilty Pleasures, The Laughing Corpse, and am more than halfway through Circus of the Damned. I'm on a ROLL!  

Donna: I don't know where all the time is going. Work is super busy right now, and I haven't even started Christmas shopping! I did find time to do a little reading...but not nearly enough! I read Sixth Grave on the Edge by Darynda Jones, and it just made me hungry for Seventh Grave and a Body. It will have to wait, however, because Nicole Peeler's Jinn and Juice is next on my radar. I usually don't pre-order books, but I couldn't resist this one - partly because of the gorgeous cover (and also because of my deep, abiding ladycrush on Professor Peeler).

Kathi: This week I read Murder of Crows and became more deeply entrenched in this unique world and its cast of characters. It can be brutal, but justice is swift and uncorrupted by wealth and power. I particularly love that the indigenous residents of this country, which include shapeshifters, vampires, and weather elements, can kick out all humans who pollute the natural resources, use more than their share, and disrespect their neighbors. If only things worked that well in the world I live in. 

Natalie: Hello Wench readers. Tis the Holiday season now and I manged to finish my goal of 50 books with the first  few of Lara Ardain's Midnight Breed series. However my reading has been very limited and will be until the new year. Hope everyone of our readers has a safe and wonderful holiday season full of loved ones both real and fictional.

Shau: It's time for Torin!! Yes, you heard me!! Torin, the keeper of disease has his own book. I hope some of you join me in reading Gena Showalter's The Darkest Touch this week.

Zee: So I have read more romances this week than I have in a while! It was one of those weeks! I read Bollywood Affair after Barb recommended it. It made me laugh a couple of times. Then I went on Amazon and bought one too many Amanda Quicks! I read Scandal, Rendezvous, Surrender, Ravished, and Dangerous. All regency period books, she's always been my go to for that genre. Then I got curious and picked up one of her contemporary settings books written under Jayne Ann Krentz, Wildest Hearts. Ugh. Did not like. The heroine annoyed me, which rarely happens in Quick's books for me. And I just didn't enjoy it. Next I really want to read Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie's Americanah, or the first Graveyard Queen book, The Restorer. But it really depends on what kind of mood I find myself in. 

Comments

You Might Want to Read...

Black Dagger Brotherhood: Scenes That Left us Begging for More

A Tribute to The Fiery Cross

When The Music's Over

Dani Mega O'Malley: Superstar

Review: Annihilation (Book and Movie)