What the Wenches Are Reading





Click through to see what we're reading this week! 








Angela:  This week I read three novellas from The Tales of  Bauchelain and Korbal Broach, which is part of the Malazan world by Steven Erikson, Blood Follows, The Lees of Laugthers End and The Wurms of Blearmouth. They were all grisly, macabre, dark humour fun. I enjoyed all three, though The Wurms of Blearmouth was my favourite due to the humour. These were part of the recommended Ultimate Reading Order for the Malazan Empire series. For a change of pace, after the novella I read Cork O’Connor #3 Purgatory Ridge. Another fantastic book in the series. William Kent Krueger has written another mystery to leave you scratching your head to find the answers, and you are duly rewarded at the end of each book. Highly recommend for lovers of mystery novels.

Anne: I’m still living in a fanfiction world. No idea when I’ll leave it. I’m listening to #2 in the Mercy Thompson series, Blood Bound. I had entirely forgotten the plot of this book.

Barb: Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. It's superb. And I can.not.wait to get to Goblet of Fire

Kathi: I’ve made good progress on Maddaddam (Maddaddam #3), and at this point I’m really irritated when I have to put it down. I had my doubts during the first book, but this has evolved into a mesmerizingly imaginative and deeply thought provoking page turner. 

Merit: I didn’t have much free time this week, still managed to read Into the Black, book#2 in Blackwood Security series by Elise Noble. I loved it as much as the others; it was difficult for me to put down when I needed to go back to RL. Such a well written, fun read.   

Shau: I finally found time for the last installment of the Night Prince Series, Into the Fire, by Jeaniene Frost. I’m glad the series is ending.  I feel the story is over and that more books would be unnecessary. I can’t wait to see what happens to Layla and Vlad.

Comments

You Might Want to Read...

Black Dagger Brotherhood: Scenes That Left us Begging for More

A Tribute to The Fiery Cross

When The Music's Over

Dani Mega O'Malley: Superstar

Review: Annihilation (Book and Movie)