What the Wenches Are Reading





Click through to see what we're reading this week. What are you reading, Saucy Reader? 





Angela:  It was a busy reading week this past seven days.  Though, I’m feeling it a bit now with a lack of sleep! First up was Marked in Flesh (The Others #4) by Anne Bishop. I’m still in love with this series and the last book is due out March 7th.  This take on urban fantasy is unique and well worth checking out if you want a change from the usual urban fantasy diet.  Next I wanted a light contemporary romance so read The Perfect Match (Blue Heron #2) by Kristan Higgens. It was a fun read and had a lot of eccentric secondary characters, that just added to the story.

Anne: I was lucky enough to read an advanced copy of Blade Bound and I finished that recently. You guys are going to love it! I’m currently re-reading some favorite fanfiction to get past the BB book hangover. I am just about done with a listen of Moon Called, the first Mercy Thompson book. After that, I’m moving on to In the Garden of Beasts: Love Terror, and an American Family in Hitler’s Berlin by Erik Larsen. 

Barb: Nothing was calling me until I scrolled through my Kindle app and discovered that I had purchased the complete Harry Potter series, many months ago. So I opened up Sorcerer's Stone, not really thinking it would hold me, and quickly got lost in the story again. After all these years it is still sublime, and knowing what we know it's so interesting to see Jo leaving clues from the very beginning. I'm also waiting on pins and needles for an ARC of the second book in the American Queen Trilogy to hit my Kindle app. Any minute now...

Donna: Books had to be put on the back burner because I watched almost all of the Oscar-nominated movies over the past week. This week I plan to continue Big Little Lies

Kathi: This week I finished the Wayward Pines trilogy, an imaginative post-apocalyptic tale told in three short, easy-to-read novels. It begins when FBI Special Services Agent Ethan Burke wakes up in a strange town with no recollection of how he got there and no way to contact anyone outside. Figuring out what’s going on is half the fun, so I don’t want to spoil anything. I waited a while after watching the TV series in hopes of forgetting the details, and I really liked these books. If you’re in the mood for post-apocalyptic/dystopian, but a fast read and easy to follow, I recommend these. For my post-apocalyptic viewing this week, I caught up on season two of Colony

Merit:  I’m reading The Den of Iniquity (Bastards of London#1) by Anabelle Bryant, a regency romance leaning towards the dark side. A young lady tries to reform the proprietor of the most scandalous gambling hall, or Hell as it is known in the dimly-lit London underworld. This story has it all, proper lords and ladies, Earls and bastards, money and gambling, murder and vengeance, scoundrels and a scorching romance. I found this book a very enjoyable read, fast paced and exciting.

Comments

  1. I just finished the trilogy (The Bronze Horseman, Tatiana and Alexander, and The Summer Garden) by Paullina Simons. It begins in WWII Russia with the siege of Leningrad and follows Tatiana and Alexander through unimaginable trials and tragedies. Long books and packed with dramatic scenes throughout. Very erotic love scenes too. Now I cannot get the couple and these books out of my mind. If you are suffering through Droughtlander these stories will help tide you over.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've got The Bronze Horseman on my e-reader, and I'm definitely suffering through Droughtlander, so thank you for the recommendation!

      Delete

Post a Comment

You Might Want to Read...

Black Dagger Brotherhood: Scenes That Left us Begging for More

A Tribute to The Fiery Cross

When The Music's Over

Dani Mega O'Malley: Superstar

Review: Annihilation (Book and Movie)