What the Wenches Are Reading.

The Holidays are a busy season, but some of us have managed to get some reading in. But more importantly, the Wenches wish all of our readers have a fantastic new year! 


Have a Happy New Year! 




Click through to read more.


Angela: It’s all about romances for me at Christmas time. I just like books that have a happy ending and it’s nice to take a break from the fantasy books I’ve been reading.  So Wait For It by Mariana Zapata was first up. Zapata writes slow-burn romances, and this one was so slow...... A bit too slow for my liking, and I far prefer her sports romances. I never really felt invested in our leads Dallas and Diana.  Now I’m on to Truth or Beard (Winston Brothers #1) by Penny Reid and it’s hot!!! Lots of fun so far, and Reid always makes me laugh out loud. I plan to read the rest of the series.

Anne: I finished Dark Debt this week and I’ve moved on to the final book in my re-read, though not the final book in the series, Midnight Marked. In the audio book world, I’m about halfway through Burned and I should finish up Feverborn, just in time for Feversong to be released. Happy New Years, Saucy Readers!

Barb: I'm away for the holidays and not doing much reading. I did get a "you have to try this book" along with the book in loan, so I'm looking forward to trying that soon. Happy New Year, Saucy Readers!

Donna: I’ve taken a break from reading over the past couple of weeks, because I’m in retail and this is my busiest time of year. I took advantage of some Audible credits and picked up Karen Marie Moning’s entire Fever series (Merry Christmas to me!). My lovely English major daughter gifted me with her favorite read of the year - Jonathan Safran Foer’s Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close. I think it’s very special to give someone a copy of a novel that really made an impact on you. I will treasure it always.

Kathi: I raced through that last 25% of NOS4A2. I. Could. Not. Put. It. Down. Highly recommend for those who enjoy horror with a very sharp and witty edge. (The author, Joe Hill, comes by it naturally, being raised by The Master, Stephen King.) So now I’ve gone back to the Fevered world of Dublin. I’m halfway through Burned, and eagerly anticipating the long-awaited final book in the series and a big release celebration in NOLA soon.

Merit: I took a break from the Fever series this week and read an enchanting romance called The Traveling Man by Jane Harvey-Berrick. A story of love, not an easy one but one that hold throughout the years despite so many contradictions and differences. I love the portraying of carnival life as a background to the story.     

Shau: I got my grabby hands on One Fell Sweep by Ilona Andrews and can’t wait to start. You guys already know I’m a big Dina DeMille fan!! 

Zee: Haven't been able to get into anything lately. And traveling always turns my reading mood. I am ITCHING to start Luvvie Ajayi's I'm Judging You:The Do Better Manual, though. Will probably crack it open soon! 

Comments

You Might Want to Read...

Black Dagger Brotherhood: Scenes That Left us Begging for More

A Tribute to The Fiery Cross

When The Music's Over

Dani Mega O'Malley: Superstar

Review: Annihilation (Book and Movie)