What the Wenches Are Reading




Click through to see what we're reading this week! 





Anne:  I’m still struggling with what to read. I’ve been reading a couple Supernatural fanfictions. Nothing worth noting though. On the audio front, I finished Final Girls, which I LOVED! But, then I had a hard time choosing my next one. I finally settled on Five Days at Memorial: Life and Death at a Storm-Ravaged Hospital by Sheri Fink. It’s a narrative non-fiction about the five days at Memorial hospital between Katrina and rescue. 

Barb: I didn't read anything at all last week. My husband and I binged the first three season of GoT, and it being my second time through those early seasons I understood so much more than I did the first time through. While watching that I've also been crocheting my dream blanket, the blanket I've wanted for as long as I can remember, and I am SO happy with how it's turning out. It's a dream come true. I finally picked up a book two days ago, The Casquette Girls by Alys Arden. I'm only a little way in but I'm really enjoy the creepiness of the mostly abandoned New Orleans, the weird things that are happening to our heroine, and the mystery that has yet to reveal itself. I'm not usually a fan of YA novels, but leave it to NOLA to break that rule, since it breaks all of my rules! 

Kathi:  I said I wanted to make A Court of Wings and Ruin last until the next book in the series is released on May 1, and I’m solidly on track to meet that goal! Between traveling and working, I haven’t read more than a couple of chapters this week. But I’m going through book boyfriend withdrawal!!

Merit: I've read a sweet, second-chance romantic novel, Barefoot at Sunset (Barefoot Bay Timeless #1) by Roxanne St. Claire. There is a story besides the romance, and the characters are enjoyable, smart, sexy, and funny. I like the fact that they are 'mature' and not in their twenties, and the scenery is beautiful. A good romance, a great way to relax.

Comments

You Might Want to Read...

Black Dagger Brotherhood: Scenes That Left us Begging for More

A Tribute to The Fiery Cross

When The Music's Over

Dani Mega O'Malley: Superstar

Review: Annihilation (Book and Movie)