Quote of the Day

Grandma Frida walked into the room. "Ooh, here is my boy."

"Mother," Mom growled.

"What? I can't help it. It's the devil eyes."

Pierce did have devil eyes. Deep and dark, the rich brown of coffee grinds, they were unpredictable and full of crazy. He was very nice to look at, but all of the images of him looked staged. He always seemed to know where the camera was. And if I ever saw him in person, I'd run the other way like my back was on fire. If I hesitated, it would be.

"He killed a man," Mom said. 

"He was framed," Grandma Frida said.

"You don't even know the story," Mom said.

Grandma shrugged. "Framed. A man that pretty can't be a murderer."

Mother stared at her.

"Penelope, I'm seventy-two years old. You let me enjoy my fantasy."

"Go Grandma." Arabella pumped her fist in the air.

"If you insist on being Grandma's little stooge, she can do your hair," Mom said. 

Burn For Me
~~Ilona Andrews

Comments

You Might Want to Read...

Black Dagger Brotherhood: Scenes That Left us Begging for More

A Tribute to The Fiery Cross

When The Music's Over

Dani Mega O'Malley: Superstar

Review: Annihilation (Book and Movie)