What the Wenches Are Reading


Kirk and Spock
The Wenches are mostly into book series this week! The lucky ones are rendezvousing with our past loves, finally meeting our next loves, recommended by fellow Saucy Readers, and preparing to revisit loves we've been lonely for in upcoming releases! The rest of the Wenches are sidelined with Real Life, living vicariously through our squeeing, and hoping to join the fun next week!

Click through to see exactly who we're holding in our hot little hands this week!! And what about you...are you into series or singles this week? We hope you'll share your current loves with us in the comments!





Amanda: I finished up Water for Elephants and started a reread of Touch & Geaux/, in preparation for the release of Shock & Awe next month.

Angela: This week I finished Tigerland by Sean Kennedy, which is the follow-up to the fantastic Tigers and Devils. It was great to return to Melbourne, Australia, and the continuation of Declan and Simon's story. The only downside was not enough Fran and Roger for me. I also completed One Salt Sea by Seanan McGuire (October Daye #5) and really enjoyed it. It was action packed and kept me entertained.

Barbara: After having to take a break from The Hollows a few months ago, mostly due to a heartbreaking spoiler, I finally finished book 5, For a Few Demons More. The heartbreak was as sad and pointless and I thought it would be, and I'm still not sure how I feel about this series. I'm reading on, currently on The Outlaw Demon Wails, trying to figure out why I'm not as enamored of this series as everyone else seems to be.

Care: I've spent the last week over the moon! I've been reading Shock & Awe (the title is perfect!), and then rereading, and then reading a third time.... Review pending, but WOW!

Donna: I haven't done very much reading this week. After I finish my reread of Tempest Rising by Nicole Peeler, I think I'll look for the Sabina Kane series. I have to know what all the buzz is about with my fellow Wenches.

Kathi: Still working my way through the Charley Davidson series, slowly because I'm traveling and haven’t been able to sneak off by myself to read much. This week I read Third Grave Dead Ahead. And I'm pretty sure there will be a fourth grave next week! Reyes is still very intriguing...but I'm impatient to get to know him better. Thankfully, Charley is hilarious, and her one-liners keep me distracted from the slow pace of Reyes revelations. (Might I add that I am enjoying these books so much that I did NOT start rereading Outlander again. Even though I really, really wanted to after watching Diana Gabaldon and Ron Moore spill the beans at the NYC Comic Con on the latest progress with the Outlander TV series currently being filmed in Scotland. And even though I heard Jamie call Claire "Sassenach" in a teaser video. Squeeeeeee!! *fanself* )

Merit:  This week I went through Richelle Mead's Vampire Academy series. I remembered the series fondly and decided to read it again. It was a real pleasure. Now I am reading the Sabina Kane series by Jaye Wells. I could not ignore so many recommendations from the Wenches. I've started the second book, The Mage in Black, after enjoying the first one, Red-Headed Stepchild.

Natalie: I really have not been reading. I did manage to get over half way with book one of the Chicagoland Vampires series, Some Girls Bite.

Veronica: Caught up on my Immortals After Dark reading this week for my Where One Wench Made Another Wench Read a Book post. I'm also getting into the Halloween spirit by checking out an anthology of ghost stories, but the first short story I read was, um, rather lacking. Here's hoping the other stories are more delightfully creepy. Otherwise, I've been reading so much good fanfiction lately, that I just can't tear myself away.

Zee: No reading for me since I got the flu. :-(

Comments

  1. Looking at this, I'm thinking I need to check out this Sabina Kane series at some point.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

You Might Want to Read...

Black Dagger Brotherhood: Scenes That Left us Begging for More

A Tribute to The Fiery Cross

When The Music's Over

Dani Mega O'Malley: Superstar

Review: Annihilation (Book and Movie)