What the Wenches are Reading

Elizabeth Cady Stanton & Susan B. Anthony


Summer in the Northern Hemisphere is keeping some of the Wenches from reading...or from checking in on their progress. I hope we hear from them soon, and that they have in fact done some interesting reading. Meanwhile, several Wenches are enjoying the latest Charley Davidson book, as well as old favorites, and a couple of new finds. 

Click through to see what's captured our attention this week, and don't forget to share what you're reading, in the comments below!







Anne: I'm still entrenched in my Ty & Zane re-read, going slowly as I contemplate what to read next. I'm contemplating The Mortal Instruments series. There's a movie coming out soon and my husband has read them.

Angela: I haven't done much reading this week. I'm still on Charley Davidson #5, Fifth Grave Past the Light. It's school holidays here, so kids need to be kept occupied and carted around. Plus, during any downtime, I've been getting distracted by Sterek fanfic and videos. I think my obsession, umm I mean research, is taking up my time.

Barbara: After finishing Biting Bad, I was in a bit of a book funk. BB was so good that I couldn't simply move on, but oddly, I couldn't start over, either. Finally, on Friday, one of our wonderful followers, Eileen, reminded me that I hadn't yet read Fifth Grave Past the Light. So I put it on my Nook and started it Friday night. Much to my husband's dismay I read it a lot over the weekend and finished it Sunday night. It.was.fantastic! If you haven't yet started the Grave series, do so. They just keep getting better!

Donna: I'm currently on vacation visiting family. I finished The Cuckoo's Calling by Robert Galbraith (aka JK Rowling) and thoroughly enjoyed it. If you like mysteries, I can recommend this one wholeheartedly.

Kathi: Read Lord John and the Hand of Devils, some short stories about the Lord John Grey character from the Outlander series. (Long short stories? Novellas? It’s Diana Gabaldon, so they’re not really short, ha ha.) These are set during the time of Voyager (Outlander #3), so I’m reading them for the first time as part of my complete reread of the Outlander series before picking up Outlander #4. 

Merit: Didn't have much time to read lately, but I started a book called Out of Time by Monique Martin. It is a time travel romance with a paranormal twist. This is the story of Simon Cross, a British Professor of Occult Studies, and his assistant Elizabeth West. They end up in New York, right before the stock market crash of 1929. I can't make up my mind yet, I'm only 36% into the book, but I will go on reading it for now. Also, I left Rachel Morgan for Charley Davidson #5, and now it’s time to go back into The Hollows.

Natalie: So I did not get any reading done last week other than contracts for work. Hopefully, after the start of the work week and a date, I’ll be able to get to Fifth Grave Past the Light. Man, this summer is getting busy! 
 
Veronica: I don't think I got much reading done this week. I tried to get into a fanfiction, but didn't get very far. It was a long week at work, and I self-medicated by indulging in several episodes of Supernatural every night, until I was so tired I just passed out.


Comments

You Might Want to Read...

Black Dagger Brotherhood: Scenes That Left us Begging for More

A Tribute to The Fiery Cross

When The Music's Over

Dani Mega O'Malley: Superstar

Review: Annihilation (Book and Movie)