What the Wenches Are Reading





Click through to see what the Wenches are reading this week! 







Angela:  Very little reading going on this week. I’m super excited, as I’ll be meeting Wench Kathi in just over a week’s time. I have started Leviathan Wakes (The Expanse #1) by James S.A. Corey, and so far I am enjoying it.

Anne: I’ve been jumping around in my reading trying to find something to hold my interest. Nothing has so far. In the audio world, I have been listening to Behind Closed Doors by B.A. Paris. I am really liking it. It’s extremely fucked up. I’m not sure what that says about me......Oh well!

Barb: Still reading Grant this week. Only Grant. He was just made the Commanding General of the Army, so shit's about to get real. It's only going to be another year before Lee surrenders at Appomattox, and I'm really looking forward to reading about Grant's political life after the War. 

Kathi: This week I finished The Dry, a very well crafted murder mystery set in the Australian desert. Then I started Artemis, and so far it’s not knocking my socks off the way The Martian did, but in fairness I’ve been distracted getting ready for Wench Angela’s upcoming visit! I even dusted the bookcases in the guest room in case she wants to have a peek! Every night, I’ve been glued to the TV: Outlander, of course, and Netflix. Finished Godless, can’t recommend it highly enough! And Mudborne was excellent but horrifically disturbing. Now I’m completely sucked into Dark, which has gone from missing-child drama to haunting time-travel mystery. Riveting!

Merit: This week was all for a light read. Cupcakes, Trinkets, and Other Deadly Magic (Dowser #1) by Meghan Ciana Doidge. Jade is half witch and half? We don’t know and she doesn’t know. She loves to bake and owns a cupcake shop. Witches, vampire, werewolves, a murder to solve, and a lot of cupcakes. I felt that Jade was made clueless on purpose, and I guessed what’s coming pretty early; still, it was a good read. The Spymaster’s Lady (Spymasters #1) by Joanna Bourne: Put together a beautiful and skillful French spy with a powerful alpha British spy, adnd a lot of intrigues during Napoleon’s reign, and you’ll get a fun, fast-paced, historical romance.  Please, ignore the cover.   

Zee: I've been rereading Alyssa Cole's The Loyal League books and praying for more. Sigh. I'm looking for a short but suspenseful thriller to read but so far my search has been fruitless.

Comments

You Might Want to Read...

Black Dagger Brotherhood: Scenes That Left us Begging for More

A Tribute to The Fiery Cross

When The Music's Over

Dani Mega O'Malley: Superstar

Review: Annihilation (Book and Movie)