What the Wenches Are Reading



Angela:  I’m having a real change of pace this week and reading a contemporary mystery. Iron Lake (Cork O’Connor #1) by William Kent Krueger. I can’t remember the last time I read a mystery that was set in present day. I’m actually enjoying it a lot more than I thought I would. A lot of suspense and it’s keeping me on my toes guessing what is going to happen next.

Anne: I’m just getting started on Silence Fallen, the upcoming Mercy Thompson book. Keep an eye out for a review closer to the release date. In the audiobook world, I’m still listening to American Gods. Not sure what I’m going to listen to after this. I’ve had a lot of recommendations recently.

Barb: I finished Mists of the Serengeti, which was absolutely stunning. If you like sweeping epic romances, go get this book. I have no idea what I'm reading next, this one left me stunned. Look for a five-star review ASAP. 

Donna: This week I've been reading George Orwell's 1984 and John Lewis's Walking With the Wind.

Kathi: I'm trying something completely different that was suggested by a friend to take my mind off things: Under a Graveyard Sky (Black Tide Rising #1). A family initiates a preplanned escape protocol (which includes a big sailboat!) when it receives a doomsday message from someone in a position to know that there's a potential life-as-we-know-it-might-be-ending event in the works. Which is a zombie virus. We'll see how it goes!

Zee: I am determined to read Phantom Kiss today. I miss Merit and Ethan. I also started Dakota Gray's Hardcore last night. Duke... sigh.

Comments

You Might Want to Read...

Black Dagger Brotherhood: Scenes That Left us Begging for More

A Tribute to The Fiery Cross

When The Music's Over

Dani Mega O'Malley: Superstar

Review: Annihilation (Book and Movie)